You are not logged in.

#1 08-02-10 13:13:19

driver69

Rospa test questions

On the test is it necessary to go through the road worthiness check and POWER routine and the pre driving routine? Is that expected as part of the test?

08-02-10 13:13:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Rospa test questions

#2 08-02-10 15:04:53

jonnmedds
Verified Member

You need to know them and some examiners will expect you to do them on the test.
However in my experience very few examiners want to see the checks done. I tend to advise people to ask the examiner.

jon

#3 08-02-10 16:45:21

Lynne
Verified Member

If you are in a local group your assigned assessor will know what your local examiner will want....

#4 08-02-10 23:28:10

on board training

Hi,

If you are not sure what your examiner will expect and your trainer can't tell you, then ask the examiner and he/she will tell you.

I know it does differ from area to area. Where I am the examiners expect you to carry out a pre-drive visual check by walking round the vehicle and he may ask you what you were looking for. He will not expect you to open the bonnet.

You will also be expected to carry out your starting drill before moving off, if you are doing a commentary drive then you should talk through the drill as you do it, but it should be short and to the point.

Hope this helps.

#5 09-02-10 08:31:43

driver69

Thanks

#6 09-02-10 09:47:42

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

When I did my ROSPA test the examiner said at the start "imagine you've been on holiday for 2 weeks and have just got into your car.  Run through what check's you would do before driving"

I gave a detailed description that was worded to keep it brief, and I could see he was impressed.  Think it got the test off to a good start, and he said at the end I knew my car very well.

Let's be fair, an ADI should be able to run through SM/TM effortlessly and do it much better than a non ADI, so it should sound better anyways.

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

Board footer