You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 07-02-10 14:57:43

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Re: 1st Check Test Next Week..........ALREADY!!!

Hi Paul,
As Hector has said its all on those core competencies.  Have a look at your last Check test sheet and see what boxes the S.E recorded for those core competencies, that will help you identify those areas, you need to work on. Your grade is the lowest box ticked. eg if you get say a 5 for fault identification and a 5 for analysis and a 4 for remedial action your overall grade will be a 4 despite getting two 5's.  Bob

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

07-02-10 14:57:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 08-02-10 20:12:28

pdw1977
Website

I received the letter today from the SE who conducted my CT. She outlined the points that she felt needed improving, but also mentioned the good points as well.

Having read the letter a few times, there is nothing that I disagree with.....in fact I have found it to be incredibly useful. I was unaware that I was to receive such a letter but am pleased that I have.

I have decided to do dual carriageways again for my second CT, which will be with the same examiner in 3 months time. Do you think this is a good idea? I was hoping that the SE could then see that I have taken what she said on board and worked hard to improve it.

Let me know what you think smile

Paul

Still a Newbie so be nice!!

www.pwdriving.com

#28 08-02-10 21:12:41

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Paul
The subject is irrelevant, its the way you do it that counts. Se's often advise to use a simple subjects on the first CT though. Alot can happen on such a lesson as DC and things can be hard to fix, and hard to control. I personally would pick something simple to be honest.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#29 08-02-10 21:13:53

hector
Verified Member
Website

Se's or examiners are there entirely to help and advise of course, hence the letter.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#30 08-02-10 21:41:34

pdw1977
Website

When you say do something simple, do you mean a manouevre? I would love to do TITR or reverse park, but the general concensus on this forum seems to be that doing so is seen by many SE's as a cop out?

www.pwdriving.com

#31 09-02-10 10:12:28

Aspyre

It depends on whether your aim is just to get a grade or to demonstrate to the SE you are a competent ADI (in which case the grade is the icing on the cake and not the cake itself).

When I did my last CT I had no idea what I was going to do nor did I think about what I was going to do (much) until a week or two before because I was taking a real ppl and I needed to know what lesson I was going to do with her which I couldn't decide until I knew what standard she was at.. I didn't even know which ppl it would be until a week or two before for the same reason.

Don't look for consensuses to guide you......... that's the same as letting other people think for you.

As Hector and others have said it is about covering the key elements and especially the core competencies on the day ....... if you plan to do ONE subject in ONE way, which you will practice for the 2-3 months between now and your CT, then are you not inadvertently just planning to get a grade and not to deliver a great lesson?? And what happens if something happens you haven't practiced??

It doesn't matter what you choose for the CT.......... if you do it right (or right enough) you will get a grade.

If you are capable of doing it right then just do a normal lesson.......... if you feel you aren't get a couple of training sessions in.

#32 09-02-10 22:07:33

scannermanh
Verified Member

I agree fully with Asprye, the SE wants to see how you give a lesson, any lesson.
Imagine if the SE suddenly turns up anytime during your working day, could you grade?

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#33 09-02-10 22:15:12

Angel
Verified Member
Website

Hi, I use the Sevenoaks test centre regularly and go up and down the A21 most days more than once.  You could point out the lay-bys and getting ready to move out if necessary and that there are no countdown signs coming up to the Hildenborough exit because of the lay-by just before. If you go to the A26 exit be careful which lane you get in if you are going down to Tonbridge, I would go to the next exit as its easier. Good luck!

I'm teetering on the brink-please push!!

ADI car and Fleet trainer

#34 09-02-10 23:43:10

pdw1977
Website

I didn't come off at Tonbridge, I continued down the A21 to Tunbridge Wells, threw in 3 Roundabouts and then headed back to Sevenoaks. In the letter, the SE said I should have parked up in Tesco to discuss how the lesson was going and offer any remedial advise that was needed, as fixing faults whilst on a high speed road can be dangerous.

I talked about the lay by's but I think my timing was a little late sad

Anyway, I have booked in a 2 hour session with the AA guy that trained me for the 9th March. He's a top bloke who already knows that I get incredibly nervous in tests/assesments. Even my pupil said to me after the CT that I was totally different to how I normally am!!

Thats something I am really going to have to work on.

And yes, I believe that if an SE suddenly turned up out of the blue and sat in on a lesson I would get graded, no matter what it was. I just get worked up knowing the CT is looming, when I should just relax and have confidence in my ability!! 8-)

www.pwdriving.com

Board footer