You are not logged in.

#1 05-02-10 00:35:14

martin Williams
Verified Member

Driving School Pro Briefings/Diagrams any good ?

Seen these on the internet. Has anyone out there purchased them or used them for there part 3? They look the part but just wondering if anyones used them before i part with my hard earned cash.Can anyone recommend any ready made briefings/diagrams or is it always best to make your own?

05-02-10 00:35:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving School Pro Briefings/Diagrams any good ?

#2 05-02-10 08:00:43

Aspyre

Remember that it all comes down to your instruction and these things are just a visual aid to help you do it.

Any aid which includes briefings may push you towards doing things differently to the way you currently do them........ that can be a good, bad, or indifferent thing depending on whether it improves you, gives you something to ignore, or whatever.

If the pictures look professional then thats one definite advantage.. If you can't produce professional looking diagrams yourself and want to have them then buying one of these (whoever they are published by) is potentially a good idea....... but the pictures need to be general enough not to force you to do things in a specific way if that way is different to what you normally do.

I don't know how long you have been doing this but when I started I felt that it was essential to have a glitzy presentation.. As the years have gone by I find that I hardly do the presentations the way I did on my Part 3 or in my early lessons.. I just flip to the relevant diagrams as necessary, but I often use model cars or sketches........ it depends on the ppl and the situation.

For that reason just a generic set of diagrams would seem to make long term sense...... but I can't see any harm in the ones you mentioned or any others as long as you can integrate them into your lessons.

#3 05-02-10 08:23:23

Aspyre

Oh, and just because some one else can doesn't mean they would work for you wink

#4 05-02-10 09:09:13

TDW

Anyone know of any decent software for producing road diagrams, I did do some of my own in Open Office writer but I'd like to do some more professional looking stuff as all I use at the minute is stuff given to me by TIC.

Thanks,

Tim.

Things fall to pieces so that other things can fall into place.

#5 05-02-10 09:18:30

martin Williams
Verified Member

Thanks for your reply. All of what you have said makes a lot of sense. I have had 2 failed attempts 3/3 2/3 at part 3 and feel i need to change something before time runs out. Everything my trainer says makes sense but I'm struggling to remember it all when it comes to take the part 3 test despite 100s of hours study.I feel my development seems to have peaked and am not sure how to get things moving in the right direction.

#6 05-02-10 16:09:17

Aspyre

Remember that the briefing is one tick in a box...... theres a lot more to cover and the briefing is usually not where the problems are.

What individual marks did you get on your attempts??

#7 05-02-10 20:15:46

FRANKS
Verified Member

Why not make your own, with your own prompts etc

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 05-02-10 21:03:00

TDW

Why not make your own, with your own prompts etc

Well I have started but just wondered if there was any way to do them in a professional way? This is my start...

[URL=http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z43/XJRTim/?action=view&current=jncs.png][IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z43/XJRTim/th_jncs.png[/img][/URL]

#9 05-02-10 21:28:07

KevB
Verified Member
Website

what app are you using TDW?

#10 05-02-10 21:29:06

The Saint
Verified Member

Hi Martin

I first looked at these briefings a couple of years ago. They looked ideal, and I really wanted an integrated set that my pupils could use at home as well.

When I saw that Driving School Pro did that, I immediately contacted them to be told that the pupils copy was 'in development'. I waited a year or so, only to be told the same thing. I haven't contacted them recently, so I don't know how things stand.

The ADI set looked really good, plus they can do things to personalise your copy. When they get the pupils briefings published, I'll be interested.

I would echo everything Aspyre has said, they have to work for you and not result in having to change the way you teach.

I have to say, I do almost all my briefings with a board that has a roundabout in one side and a simple crossroads on the other! With the help of my toy cars, I can cover just about any subject.

Did you think you didn't have to choose it?
That I alone could win or lose it?
In all the places we were hiding love
What was it we were thinking of?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 05-02-10 23:03:07

TDW

what app are you using TDW?

Just OpenOffice.org not too sure what other app will do it? What do you use?

Board footer