You are not logged in.

#1 02-02-10 16:07:41

machasm
Website

WooHoo First check done and dusted Grade 4

Just wanted to let other people know of my experience with my first check test.
Having qualified in Apr 09 I went straight onto a Green and setup an independant school from the off.
For a multitude of resons the uptake has not been as quick as I would like and have really only had a handful of students get to test stage over this period.
So my experience in the real world has been somewhat limited.
I was very nervous last night and found that I had quite a restless night as well as a chesty cough which had developed over the past couple of days.
I opted to go for MSM and Ped Xcrossings using the examiner in role play (see above).
I started looking into this a few days ago and ran over the route that I had planned to see if it was suitable both from a timing point of view and to see if there was enough content on the subject matter.
After the introductions I did a quick Q&A on both the use of mirrors and signalling as well as a bunch of questions about xrossings.
Once that was over I asked him to run through his cockpit drill paying particular attention to what was going on when he was making adjustments to the mirrors.
Once on the road he immediately began to signal without indicating.
After this was corrected he began to signal and then check his mirrors.
I asked him what was the correct order and why we did them that way round.
Following on from this he ran several other errors which were all duely picked up and corrected.
At this point I was now totally relaxed and was even able to smile and laugh along with the examiner!
On arrival at our destination I ran through the debrief explaining where he had improved with specific emphasis on the order of the MSM routine and why it was done so.
He rewarded me with a grade 4 scoring a 6 in 3 subcategories!
Well chuffed.
Mac.

02-02-10 16:07:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: WooHoo First check done and dusted Grade 4

#2 03-02-10 12:57:45

pedro
Verified Member

Well done. Is that you for another 2 years now? How did you find role play with the ex compared to a real lesson with a learner?

#3 03-02-10 13:38:01

machasm
Website

Yes that me for another 2 years now.
TBH I found the ex quite easy compared to a real student as there was never any time when I needed to use the duals or wrench the steering wheel from his hand!
He also picked up the corrections as they were pointed out and by the end of the drive turned into the perfect student!!!
I also found his debrief useful and plan to implement the changes suggested.
From his point of view I think he would have preferred to see a real lesson with a real pupil as simulations are never like the real thing.
Thanks for the acknowledgement.
mac.

#4 03-02-10 16:58:58

Aspyre

Using the duals appropriately (or taking control appropriately) is marked on the CT.............. so denying yourself the opportunity to do that with a real ppl could also have been a bad thing and stopped you getting higher as well as the good one resulting in an easy ride that you are thinking of tongue

An easy check test doesn't mean a high grade.. Next time I'd seriously recommend thinking about a real ppl as a viable option instead of some thing to be avoided at all costs.

Board footer