You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-04-04 23:33:48

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

The IAM Website

Here is a link for the IAM website, Click Here

You may find it useful if you are thinking of taking the IAM Advanced Driving Test ?

And remember if you have any question about it or would like a local address for your area, Just Ask.

05-04-04 23:33:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: The IAM Website

#2 06-04-04 18:59:21

Liesa

Thanks Approved Instructor!

The sites well worth a look!  big_smile

I'm not actually a member at present, but I'm now seriously considering it, so serious that I've just printed off an application form!

#3 06-04-04 19:59:06

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Im Pleased to hear it.

When you Pass you can even have this good looking badge on your car

red_badge.gif

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 08-04-04 15:38:13

Gizmotime
Administrator

Liesa wrote:

Thanks Approved Instructor!

The sites well worth a look!  big_smile

I'm not actually a member at present, but I'm now seriously considering it, so serious that I've just printed off an application form!

Hi Liesa
Please don't just think about it DO it,it's brilliant the best thing I have ever done in a long time wink

When you Pass the Advance Driving Test not only can you display the great looking badge above,but you can also purchase the Garments as well.
If your interested I can post the price of each Item so you and other's can have a look.

Regards.
Giz

#5 08-04-04 17:58:41

Liesa

Hi Giz

I am going to do this, and not only that, I've talked my hubby into joining me as well!  8)

#6 08-04-04 20:13:10

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya Liesa

That is great news big_smile I am really pleased that you have decided to do this and also that you have talked your Hubby into it as well 8)
You never know you may even decide to become an Observer.I have done it and if I can do it you most certainly can,this has been the best 4yrs of my life.

Regards
Giz big_smile

#7 22-04-04 13:05:12

VandADI
Administrator

Well, Im so inspired by the IAM website that I have already rung up and have got myself booked on an obersvational drive this Sunday (25th) at 9am.  I can't wait!!!!!

#8 22-04-04 13:26:25

jonks

I have just asked the IAM if they would like to visit the site. Hopefully they will. Maybe we could even set up a live chat with them one evening.

I'll let you all know.

#9 22-04-04 14:44:03

VandADI
Administrator

Would anyone know how the IAM Observer test differs from the DSA Examiner Test?

#10 22-04-04 15:28:03

Gizmotime
Administrator

Vanda I am so pleased you have booked yourself in for this Sunday,great stuff,Please let me know how you get on with it.
As I say I have never looked back since I started to do this,

I cant answer your question about the DSA examiner test but I will try and find out for you. :idea:

Jonks I really do hope they will visit the site and yes it would be nice to set up a chat room evening with them,I may be able to pick there brains. lol or more likely they will pick mine lol.

Regards Giz

#11 25-04-04 13:18:27

VandADI
Administrator

Hi,
I went for my first observed drive today with the IAM and I really enjoyed it. Yes, it did help having ADI skills, but it really IS very different from DSA Part 2 driving.  My observer (who used to be an ADI) said he took the IAM test before doing ADI and he had real problems with it as he couldn't get his head around the DSA's way of doing things.
Anyway, I got to wait a whole month for my next drive with the IAM. Im Soooooo looking forward to it. Oh, and another thing, the IAM way of dealing with corners was a bit weird, going against the grain of everything I have been taught as an ADI, but once I got the hang of it.......

#12 25-04-04 14:36:46

Gizmotime
Administrator

Vanda

I would love to know why dealing with Corners is a bit weird :? I think we at our group deal with corners and bends just like you Adi's do.at least Approved Instructor hasn't told me any different :?

I am really glad you enjoyed it though,and you have more fun to come smile  Just like I have in my venture,but that's another story wink

Cheers
Giz smile

#13 25-04-04 14:41:18

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Gizmotime,
Quite simply, an ADI would never teach a learner to straightline on bends.
If a pupil was to do this on test, it would be an instant fail, as would when taking your part 2, if you did this, you would also fail. That is not to say, an ADI  driving, would treat the corner in the same way.

#14 25-04-04 18:27:42

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi Giz, You never asked mate  :?

#15 26-04-04 01:23:54

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya Approved Instructor,That's right I didn't did I :oops:

To be honest I thought straight lining bends meant cutting the bend out,which is NOT what I do. I just ask them to move further over so they have a better view but still taking the bend correctly,if you know what I mean ie on there OWN side of the road.

I stand corrected if I'm wrong smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 18-05-04 18:02:19

Idrivetoo

Gizmotime wrote:

Hiya Liesa

That is great news big_smile I am really pleased that you have decided to do this and also that you have talked your Hubby into it as well 8)
You never know you may even decide to become an Observer and also do your Diploma in Advanced Driving as well.
I have done it and if I can do it you most certainly can,this has been the best 4yrs of my life.

Regards
Giz big_smile

Giz,
I am intreged with your IAM diploma :?: Untill now I thought that only RoSPA had a diploma in driving, I have looked on the IAM site (http://www.iam.org.uk/ but can find no mention of a diploma. Help please as I would to have a go at it big_smile

I DO love my driving

#17 27-05-04 23:15:37

Gizmotime
Administrator

This is something that our group do and it's not done through the IAM website,I don't know how many other groups do it,sorry I can't be of more help.

Board footer