You are not logged in.

#1 30-01-10 01:19:27

mon
Verified Member
Website

1 2 go

Well what can I say?,I kept it to myself,never told my family or yourselves but to no avail.Failed 3 and 4 on Emerging and Ant,Clea, and Crossing path off.
Really had a rough day today my wife took it worse than I did because we are so tight with cash at the moment.Started to feel today for the first time that this process was being a real burden on her,she assured this evening that she is 100% behind me.
I am starting to doubt my abilities to do this,I thought I was in for a good chance of even 4-4 but there it is.The thought of going again down to Belfast makes me want to puke,as I am giving up holidays to do this,things I would rather spend with kids on beach,but as someone once said anything worthwhile is never easy.

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

30-01-10 01:19:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1 2 go

#2 30-01-10 12:05:54

Johnstone
Verified Member

Hi Mon,
Iam in the same situation as you at the moment and i have came to the conclusion that it is as much a lottery as you will get. On my first test i failed, which to be fair i knew long before we got back to the test centre, on my second attempt i would say it was, at worst, two borderline 4's, and that's, at the very worst. On the de-brief the examiner said at least you still have one more attempt to which i replied i may not re-apply because what i gave you today is the best i can do.
You future career is left for someone else to decide if it will ever happen, however onwards and upwards.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 30-01-10 16:51:05

graemeg
Verified Member
Website

On the de-brief the examiner said at least you still have one more attempt to which i replied i may not re-apply because what i gave you today is the best i can do.
You future career is left for someone else to decide if it will ever happen, however onwards and upwards.

Dont let them get you down, I passed on my 3rd attempt, go back with the attitude that you need to prove them wrong.

Good luck

Graeme

#4 30-01-10 21:00:14

Rockin
Verified Member

I too passed on the 3rd attempt and then with a 4-4. If you believe in your ability don't give up. Maybe you could get extra training from someone else as well I also did this for the 3rd attempt. I have since been successful for the last 7 years being an Indy from the beginning.

Rockin

#5 31-01-10 18:51:11

george
Verified Member
Website

Seek out and invest in quality training. Good luck.

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

#6 01-02-10 10:51:58

george
Verified Member
Website

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

#7 01-02-10 12:32:06

Luchell
Verified Member

Hi Johnstone, I may get shot down for this but blaming anything other than yourself isn't going to work so to speak  neutral Accept there are weaknesses in your tuition style, if the best you can do is not good enough then get FURTHER training to make sure it is! No offence meant by this but positivity is the key and BELIEVING you CAN do this if you want it enough AND do all you can to improve your standard. Especially if you thought your performance was at LEAST 2 borderline 4's, what feedback were to you able to obtain from the S.e as it's important obviously to find out why the difference of opinion was there in that way.

#8 01-02-10 13:13:13

Aspyre

I agree with you 100% Luchell........ I didn't want to say anything and I reckon thats why there are so few replies.

I also feel putting yourself and family under so much pressure for something which has a greater risk of failure than of success is perhaps an indicator that reassessment of your options might be a good idea with only one chance left.

No number of Blaine Walsh videos or sessions with the UK Number 1 trainers is going to guarantee a pass.

And if finances are a problem they will get worse if you qualify and it takes months or years to build up a happy diary..... plus all the ups and down involved even when you have made it..

Youve got to keep touch with reality and not just listen to the "delayed success" sentiments.

#9 01-02-10 13:34:16

mon
Verified Member
Website

Hi, Aspyre thanks for your advice mate,really.I have heard the same advice before and know where you are coming from.The thing is I am lucky enough to have full-time employment,a Baker so afternoons and early evenings would be my Instructing times to start with.Sat,Sun would also be an option.Try to build up my diary,then after a year or so go Part time Baker and PT Instuctor with a view to full time .

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#10 01-02-10 16:03:36

benji

Hi mon sorry to hear you failed mate try to keep going you can do it, no its not easy when you pass trying to get a full diary is not easy it takes time and people will cancel at last moment, but i enjoy it more than any other job ive done, be prepared its not a easy living.

#11 03-02-10 20:12:39

Lucky245
Verified Member

Been off site for a few days so didn't hear your bad news.  My only advice is don't give up.  As you know I passed 3rd time and like you cash was tight and the thought of trying the loop again was not really going to be an option.  Stay positive believe me its worth it in the end.

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

Board footer