You are not logged in.

#1 25-01-10 07:33:35

triplea35

Part 1 - Route Directions: Alert/Direct/Identify - Doh!!!

Taking a mock test for Part 1 got the question for this wrong again - I seem to want to put it in the Alert/Identify/Direct order which seems more logical to me.
Suddenly dawned on me that the correct sequence abbreviation is 'ADI'. Seeing at that is what I am aspiring to be I wont get it wrong again!!!

25-01-10 07:33:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 1 - Route Directions: Alert/Direct/Identify - Doh!!!

#2 25-01-10 21:29:12

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

that's exactly how I learnt it. ADI!!

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#3 26-01-10 09:55:29

triplea35

Neil, Congratulations on passing Part 2 and with such a fantastic result of no faults!! From my  performance in my recent assessment drive I have lot of  hard work to do, maintaning comcentration/nerves seems to be the cause of most of my errors. I must strive to do everything naturally and without thinking.
Looking through some of your old posts it is clear that we all have similar problems/concerns,  currently working towards Part 1 the post and replies re HPT etc have been very useful, and after my first lesson and practice the issue of using  reference points on manouveres is raising its head, so nice to be able to refer to earlier posts/replies.
Good Luck with Part 3 and continue to raise any issues that arise so that the replies can be of benefit to yourself and those that hope to follow!

#4 26-01-10 12:20:19

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Thanks, triplea35 smile
I may have had a good result on pt2, but it was very hard work. Using reference didn't work well enough for me, so I ended up using a combination of reference points, judgement, intuition and mirrors. I found out that even if you think you are using judgement, you are subconsciously using reference points.. it's just a matter of retraining your brain to SEE what it's looking at.
I thought I was a pretty good driver.. and from a safety point of view, I probably was, but I still had to take my driving back to basics to drive to the standard expected. My instructor was superb and set a very high standard for me to reach. We did 3 mock tests and she didn't pass me on any of them, so I kept on trying to improve.. when it came to the test day, I knew I couldn't have done any more... but it's all on the day!!
Good luck with your tests and let me know if you need any help or advice... GOOD LUCK!!! smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 26-01-10 18:31:57

Aspyre

I found out that even if you think you are using judgement, you are subconsciously using reference points

Tregster, please allow me to put that up in lights......... you are spot on!!!!!!

I found out that even if you think you are using judgement, you are subconsciously using reference points

Any PDI should read that every night before they go to bed tongue

#6 26-01-10 19:52:18

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

I Thank You smile

Board footer