You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 21-01-10 17:59:23

Dave G

Took My Part 2 Today and..................

PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first time!!!

A bit gutted though as I got 1 minor so I can't join Tregsters  club!!

The examiner told me I approached roundabouts a bit too quickly for his liking which is a fair point. Feedback is a gift which I will learn from.

Called into work on the way home and one of the girls got me to one side and said "Dave, when you have passed your driving test will you teach me to drive?" I was about to go through the whole syllabus I had learnt from the start to make her realise what I had actually been doing for the last 3 and a half months, then rip her head off when I thought "Prospective pupil!" I asked her a few questions and she does actually want me as her Driving Instructor when I qualify. So not only passed Part 2 but have my first prospective pupill who must have friends who want to learn to drive, now that is a real incentive for part 3.

Start part 3 in Feb so its eat it, sleep it, drink it and whatever else it takes. The wife has still banned me from commentary driving when she is in the car so god knows what will happen when I spring a practice lesson on her!!!

But tonight she is treating me to a lovley steak and a pint at the pub tonight for being a good little boy!!!!!!

A big thanks to Mike, my instructor. The guy is a star.

Good night all, the journey continues
Dave

Part 1- 100%/57%
Part2- 1 Minor
Part3-5-4
Check Test -Grade6
C&Guilds 7307 Teaching in Adult & Further Education
DipNEBSM

21-01-10 17:59:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Took My Part 2 Today and..................

#2 21-01-10 18:25:37

Aspyre

Dave, why not teach her for free as part of your training for Part 3??

Lots of good publicity for when you do pass and good for practising what you learn.

#3 21-01-10 19:57:37

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Well done  smile Good luck with pt 3

#4 21-01-10 21:24:26

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

GREAT NEWS, Dave.. Well Done, Mate!!!!! smile

Enjoy your celebration.. I did last night.... but had to prepare a lesson plan with a very bad head for a lesson with my instructor tomorrow... PST2 - Moving Off and Stopping. And I must say, it's looking pretty slick, even if I do say so myself... It can't be anyworse than my PST1 lesson that over-run by 20 mins, but at least I covered everything.

Are you doing your PT3 training in a condensed 1 week block, or are you going to spread it out?

Once again, WELL DONE.. we'll chat soon smile

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#5 21-01-10 21:31:28

michelle1970
Verified Member

Well done!!! have fun with part 3

#6 21-01-10 22:16:11

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations to you!  Have fun with part 3 it's the best bit as it takes you closer to your end goal of teaching the general public to drive - after all that's what you signed up for  lol  Have fun, enoy it, it's worth all the hard work when you get your licence  wink

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#7 22-01-10 16:20:15

redkev
Verified Member

Well done dave -now the real work starts big_smile

Part 1 passed 29/07/09
Part 2 passed 22/10/09
Part 3 ?

What is reasonable?

#8 22-01-10 16:24:43

Dave G

Thanks Everyone, thats what I like about this site everyone is so supportive.

Aspyre I am going to do some of her training for free as part of my part 3. Thats what I was discussing with her. Once qualified then she is paying for the rest of her lessons (her decision). Im going to help her with her theory test starting Monday. She is 19 so as you say it could be good for her friends as pupils in the future.

Tregster, I had confirmation today about my part 3 training. I will be getting my workbooks and lesson plans/guides early next week then start my training on the 16th Feb. Its spread over 4 weeks in blocks of half days and 2 days until my 40 hours are complete. Im not sure if you are going straight for your part 3 or going on a pink first? Im really in a quandry about it. The main reason I am thinking of going on the pink is the extra 20 hours training also I want some real life experience rather than get my green badge and then start learning the realities of the job.  I will see how part 3 training goes. If my trainer thinks I am ready and I feel I am ready then maybe its straight for the test. I used to do be a driving instructor in the Army and I have teaching qualifications, I have some friends living nearby who have volunteered to let me practice on them so hopefully it will all help. I know I will be putting 200% into it as you will be.  Hope your lesson went well today.

I will keep you all informed of how its going and no doubt I will be asking for some advice as time goes on.

Regards
Dave

Part 1- 100%/57%
Part2- 1 Minor
Part3-5-4
Check Test -Grade6
C&Guilds 7307 Teaching in Adult & Further Education
DipNEBSM

Board footer