You are not logged in.

#1 19-01-10 20:19:04

amanda
Verified Member

PROMPT CARD?

Hi All,

Is it ok to use prompt cards when taking your pt3 test just in case you get brain freeze or does it make you look like you are not fully prepared?

Cheers!!!

19-01-10 20:19:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PROMPT CARD?

#2 19-01-10 20:20:42

VandADI
Administrator

Prompt cards are fine Amanda, just so long as they are "prompt cards" only  wink

#3 19-01-10 21:08:10

Bashy

They are fine, but I found it difficult to look at them. There is so much happening on the test. You don't want to take your eyes off the pupil/road for longer than needed ;-)

#4 20-01-10 12:27:21

on board training

Hi,

If you have a good lesson plan with good diagram on one page and bullet points and/or headers on the other then this is what you should be referring to.

I have heard a lot of people have been told to do the briefing and then put their presenter away and not refer to it again. Ideally if you feel you need/want to it can be used throughout your lesson, the same as you would do an actual student in the car.
Brian

#5 20-01-10 18:08:29

amanda
Verified Member

Thanks to all your replys just getting the jitters now as time is drawing nearer.   roll

#6 20-01-10 20:23:18

Bashy

You'll be fine Amanda...just revise. Get your briefings down perfect (Phase 1). It's with Phase 2 your prompt cards come in useful.
If you haven't already, take a look at aditraining.tv and Blaines videos. They are really good and were invaluable to me as a secondry teaching to my actual instructor lessons with my trainer.
It is a tough test, but as long as you do the work and are fully prepared you should pass no probs.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 20-01-10 21:14:05

Marco Polo
Website

What I'm about to write is only my opinion, but it worked for me and may or may not work for you.

I had 3 attempts at the part 3

First - A disaster 2-2
Second - Almost 3-4
Third Passed 5-4

While I was training I always found that having notes in my hand distracted me from looking at and paying attention to the pupil/trainer.

For all 3 of my exams I didn't use any prompt cards at all.

For the first one, I just wasn't prepared.

For the second one, I didn't watch the examiner closely enough to deal with the core comps correctly.

For the third one I got it right enough to pass.

I have since been check tested and acheived a 5.

My opinion is: KNOW YOUR STUFF. Then you won't need the cards.

The pt3 test and the check test is all about dealing with the faults, which means watching the way the pup/SE/trainer drives and KNOWING how to see, analyse, and remedy the fault. You either know what to do or you don't.

Every time you look at a prompt card, you lose a second or two to watch the pup/SE/trainer, and anything could happen.

Read the highway code and the ES and watch Blaine Walsh's videos until you are sick of them, and then read and watch even more.

Practice, practice, practice, practise, practise until you have nightmares.

It's when the lesson is almost second nature, that is when you'll breeze through the part 3 exam.

I know this may not have answered your specific question, but the ability to see, talk about and rectify a pups/SEs/trainers driving faults, needs to come from the depth of your soul, then you will find that you will meet the required standard to get through this test.

It's only my opinion, but it worked for me.

Mark

#8 21-01-10 05:56:37

michelle1970
Verified Member

When Im training I use the prompt cards for the breifings but once we start to move then they go behind the drivers seat, I shall do this on my test.........which will be on me before i know it.

Yes watch Blaines videos and if you have a bit of spare cash book some training with him, its invaluable.

Board footer