You are not logged in.

#1 13-01-10 08:08:19

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Role Play for Check Test - Will it be phase 2 pupil or phase 1?

Hi folks

I've never been check-tested yet and am just trying to be pro-active by preparing early.

I'm leaning towards role-play because I only give instruction in the evenings.  So i have 3 questions:

1) If it's role-play, I assume the examiner chooses the subject?

2) If so, does he/she direct the route (like on part 3)?

3) And will he/she always choose to play a phase 2 level pupil, or could it be phase 1?

Thanks in advance folks.

Paul Cook, ADI, Grade 5, DIAmond Special Test

13-01-10 08:08:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Role Play for Check Test - Will it be phase 2 pupil or phase 1?

#2 13-01-10 09:35:19

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

You choose the subject
You choose the route
If You Analyse, Identify & Correct
You get a good grade

simple!

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#3 13-01-10 10:38:47

Aspyre

Forget about Phase 1 and 2 Paul...... that's for Part 3.

Role play will be the examiner being a ppl who is at a certain stage of learning which will be described to you before you drive away.. You deal with the situation in the same way you would one of your own ppls.. Advantage is he or she is likely to learn quicker if you do your job right and correctly pick up on faults and deal with them smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 13-01-10 13:58:34

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

Phase 2 if you want to use that terminology or in other words a pupil that has had 'some experience' of the said subject

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#5 15-01-10 19:52:52

Bashy

But do they do silly mistakes like on the part 3...or are they not bast**ds ;-)

#6 16-01-10 05:24:47

Aspyre

Unrealistic bad driving and fast learning is the potential price you pay for chooisng role play instead of a real ppl.

Role play isnt the same as a real ppl.. Doesnt matter what words you use to describe it....... you just cope with it or take a real ppl.

#7 16-01-10 17:10:11

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

Paul
You can choose your own subject (from list given on check test invitation letter) if you opt for role -play. You are also responsible for the route (as you are assessed on this aspect), all role play is 'phase 2'
Jane

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#8 17-01-10 17:46:01

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

IMO:
The other advantage of role play is that, through careful route selection, you can almost engineer some of the faults.

For example, if you plan a lot of rights turns, maj to min, the ex will probably cut the corner a couple of times.
If you include a load of different speed limits, there may well be issues there.
If you come across some STOP signs, you can bet your life you'll have something to say there.
I couldn't believe my ****ing luck when I noticed the bins out on the route on the morning of my CT - sure enough, mid-CT, there was the bin lorry just around the corner. Who would have thought it???!!!

Depending on the subject and route you choose, you can predict some of the faults that will be made and then give yourself more time en route to fix them. If you do your job properly, the ex will respond to you.

Take a pupil, and you never know what they might do!!!

Good luck, which ever way you go!

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#9 02-02-10 23:05:06

mspl

Why not go for a remedial lesson ?
The examiner will complete a DL25 with a couple of serious faults and a few minor.
It's then up to you to sort them out,simple because you allready know what they are.
Quick bit of Q&A and then out to sort them out.
Simples !!!!

#10 08-03-10 16:47:08

monty4395

I had role play check test 3 years ago and got my first 6 which eluded me on other check tests. SE made blatant mistakes and argued the point but capitulated easily. I plan to do role play always.

Board footer