You are not logged in.

#1 08-01-10 08:44:21

Bashy

SNOW and Ice...Part 3 - 13th Jan

Hi all,

I have my 1st attempt at Part 3 booked for Wed Jan 13th.
Today is the last chance to cancel. The snow and Ice isn't too bad round here (Essex) probably the best in the country, but there's still a high risk of my test being cancelled.
Was ready to cancel it last night but looked and the next available test in my area (for all test centres) is end of March!!

I really want to just get it over and done with and don't know what to do.

Is there a chance if I leave it up until the day and the test is cancelled on the centre's side, then they will fit me in a sooner date? Or will they just give me the next available date at the end of march?
My Pink runs out 5th April!!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers

08-01-10 08:44:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: SNOW and Ice...Part 3 - 13th Jan

#2 08-01-10 09:27:59

Aspyre

First of all, if its cancelled its cancelled...... so prepare for the worst.. If driving tests are being cancelled Part 3s are not much of an exeption.. Round here we keep getting people saying "but theres not much snow near my house" but it is sheet ice on the side roads (and early mornings) near the Test Centre that is the problem and tests won't go ahead when its like that.

Yes, if it is cancelled it is POSSIBLE they might fit you in earlier......... but the worse the weather gets the less LIKELY it will be as any free slots are likely to be used up quicker.. It also depends a bit on the TC and how long their waiting list was/is anyway.

Once you get a new date you can start looking for cancellations........... these come and go quickly so you have to look often.. You can some times find a cancellation for a day or two away...... other times there is just nothing.

How it turns out is as unpredictable as the weather....... you just have to deal with whatever it turns out does happen.

#3 08-01-10 12:18:29

ger
Verified Member
Website

my part 3 is on mon 11th jan i will let them cancel and hope they will fit me in earlier

ger

#4 08-01-10 20:52:37

hector
Verified Member
Website

Unfortunaetly earlier is extremely unlikely there are many in the same boat and the lucky ones have tests booked early Feb. there is nothing you can do about the weather and unfortunately the DSA cancel approx 1 in 5 for no good reason in addition to the weather.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#5 13-01-10 13:14:44

ger
Verified Member
Website

has i thought test was cancelled they give me a date of 19 jan i do not think i would have a date as early if i had cancelled

ger

#6 13-01-10 14:51:32

scannermanh
Verified Member

Hi Bashy, You seem very confident you will pass and I hope you do,
I just hope you are not relying on that pass for your income, the pass
rate for a first time is extremely low and a lot only finally realise whats
required after the first try. Whether you have a pink or not you can
still book the test as long as the two year period hasn't expired.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#7 14-01-10 05:17:05

Bashy

Hi all,
My test did go ahead yesterday although it was touch and go all morning as it was snowing in the morning. All tests were cancelled in the morning (except a part 3 which was apparently abandoned). My test was at 1:05pm.
I am pleased to say I passed...PST 3. Passed with a 5-4.
1st attempt too. But I had put in the effort.
As said above, I have been banking on this for my income as my wife is a teacher and works part time (plus we have another on the way now, 3 month scan last week)
I look after my son whilst she's at work and she looks after him whilst I'm on lessons. I know it's not the way to do the pink, but hey, I'm a green badge holder now (technically anyway). Will do a full write up of the day in the Part 3 section.
Cheers...and good luck Ger. My advice, put in the hours with revising. Every minute helps believe me. I can't stress that enough. aditraining.tv really helped me.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 14-01-10 10:42:23

Luchell
Verified Member

That reminds me of a comment my old office manager made the day i was about to drive off and go to the Test center for my first and only part 3.

Her comment was the following

'Dunno what you're looking optimistic for, we all ready had that other bloke pass first time there, that'll be it for this part of the year, oh no! I mean probably for the year'  :x

Whilst being realistic is sensible, a little encouragement is also a good idea  lol

#9 14-01-10 10:43:11

Luchell
Verified Member

I should add when i  returned she looked at me smugly to which i simply said to her 'Of course i passed'  tongue lol Sorry but she deserved that comment at that time  lol

#10 14-01-10 14:26:23

ger
Verified Member
Website

well done bashy this will be my second just missed the first 4 3 my own fault i became a passinger instead of a instructor for the last 10 Min's

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 14-01-10 19:34:51

Bashy

well done bashy this will be my second just missed the first 4 3 my own fault i became a passinger instead of a instructor for the last 10 Min's

You'll be fine Ger, just remember all you've been taught. The feeling is unbelievable when he tells you you've passed. Will be awaiting your write up. If you haven't already, check out Blaines videos on aditraining.tv, they are great and really helped me as a secondry to my instructor training. Good luck mate.

#12 14-01-10 20:23:44

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations - great result  smile 

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#13 14-01-10 22:00:23

scannermanh
Verified Member

Well done Bashy, great feeling isn't it.
I looked at Blaines as well, really useful,
would recomend to any PDI out there.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#14 15-01-10 12:43:45

michelle1970
Verified Member

Well done Bashy, glad you passed, i need to book my first attempt.

Board footer