You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-12-09 10:45:11

4x4 Driver

RAC Mediwrap Blankets & Ponchos

Hi,

Has anyone used one of the RAC's new blankets or Poncho's at all? I broke down yesterday on the M25 at 10pm which was a pain in the arse, but my wife brought me a blanket from Halfords which I had in the back of the car and it stopped me getting cold or wet while I waited to be recovered. I have seen them on the net on amazon, and keeping britain cosy.

I would recomend them but just wondered if anyone else had seem them at all? I have put a picture below of what they look like.http:
61wepi3KxML._SS400_.jpg
Cheers

Sam Auger

18-12-09 10:45:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: RAC Mediwrap Blankets & Ponchos

#2 18-12-09 13:29:37

Gizmotime
Administrator

No tused one, but after seeing the photo I might get one, I use a balnket at the moment, it serves it use big_smile

Giz

#3 18-12-09 14:54:07

4x4 Driver

Well worth getting the company that make them is called keepingbritaincosy and looks like they have had a picture submitted of someone in the snow today which they have put on their store and amazon. smile

Love the cat b.t.w smile

#4 18-12-09 15:41:56

Aspyre

Not sure how much the branded ones cost, but they are £1.99 a pair on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Outdoor-Essential … %26ps%3D63

#5 19-12-09 16:17:50

4x4 Driver

Thats only a space blanket though and they stick to you when you are wet. Not the same product unfortunatly and I have used them before and i felt like a chicken in tin foil. I think the RAC version is superior.

#6 19-12-09 16:44:18

Aspyre

No problem.

Given the choice between freezing to death and NOT freezing to death I'm not sure it matters too much...... plus, I don't think they'd stick to clothes, just wet skin.

The Mediwrap IS superior just like a Merc is superior to a Skoda.. No doubt about it.. But both a Merc and a Skoda get you from a to b.

It also costs £5 plus VAT for a single Mediwrap from St Johns Ambulance supplies and the RAC one is a tenner (£10) for a child one and £13 for adult.. Bit of a markup for what is proposed to be a lifesaver I think.

Its a good point that having a space/thermal blanket or two in your car is a good idea though wink

Board footer