You are not logged in.

#1 14-12-09 14:25:49

giggles184
Verified Member

stick or ditch????

Ok so ive had 12hrs part 3 training... I LOVE the training itself when i get it i really get it. Yes its a challenge but whats worth having if you dont have to work at it right?

Thing is my trainer is really REALLY beginning to irritate me, im getting to the end of my tether. 1st off he told me that when i cancelled 1 training session as i had severe laryngitus and it made part 3 training impossible that he thought i was faking! Bear in mind here i gave a clear 3 days worth of notice. He then followed that by a thank you would be nice seeing as though i could charge you!  yikes. That added to telling me im having tooo many gaps between my training lessons, but he insists on doing 4 hr slots which i prefer to space to every other week which gives me chance around my full time work to do the work required outside my lessons. Thirdly hes now continually telling me to work on one pst before my next lesson and then when the following lesson comes around he changes to another pst which then throws all my work out the window and makes me look completely uncommited.

Unfortunately i have paid for my lessons up till the beginning of January and im a bit worried about asking for that money back  :?

Im looking for an opinion on what i should do??

Thanks!!  smile

ADI part 1 - passed 1st attempt 11/5/09 97/63
ADI part 2 - passed 1st attempt 03/09/09 - 1 minor big_smile
ADI part 3........... start training 27/9/09 then we shall see!

14-12-09 14:25:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: stick or ditch????

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-12-09 15:54:44

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

'Unfortunately i have paid for my lessons up till the beginning of January and im a bit worried about asking for that money back  '

Oh dear....unless there was a written agreement saying you can get money back I'd think you're probs gonna have to ride it out, then if still unhappy look for a new trainer, or say you might have to put training on hold due to ' fill in the gap' and see if he'd let u have back any money.

Good Luck  smile

#3 14-12-09 17:44:20

IceWarrior

Greetings,

Changing the syllabus after you have done all that hard work is NOT professional or very fair to you.

But stick with it!

PM sent.

Kind regards,

IceWarrior

#4 16-12-09 08:44:36

RobC
Verified Member
Website

I would change ADI trainer as soon as I possibly could. The only reason I can see for him insisting on 4 hour lessons and payment in advance is that he is more interested in the cash.
Personally I think 2 hour lessons are best, Its your lesson and it is up to the trainer to try to fit you in around your commitments not his.

I changed ADI trainer after 10 hours of Pt3 training due to him having a sudden illness which meant he was off work for 12 weeks. His colleague who was standing in for him wanting me to drive 25 miles to my lesson because it suited him so I found another local ADI trainer and couldnt believe how much better he was than my first instructor.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#5 17-12-09 18:51:10

Aspyre

Middle of January?? Thats like a few weeks away with a bank hol or two in between.......... why create a fuss?? By your own account the training isn't totally crappy so just take the one lesson left and walk away.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 17-12-09 19:39:21

giggles184
Verified Member

Middle of January?? Thats like a few weeks away with a bank hol or two in between.......... why create a fuss?? By your own account the training isn't totally crappy so just take the one lesson left and walk away.

Im not creating a fuss.... yes middle of jan is only a couple of weeks away BUT this is another 8hrs worth of lessons, NO never accounted that the training isnt totally crappy anywhere - what i have written in the above is a very shell like account of what i have had in the last few weeks. Basically there are very very few pay as you go trainers in my area and i do not want to burn bridges with 1 of them if this is perhaps just the way the training is. Perhaps i am naive but other than the illness comment which whatever is totally out of line, then im not sure if it is what is the norm or not. This post was not just about me having already paid for 8hrs of tuition it was more should i expect more of my trainer or is this perfectly acceptable.

Rob - thanks for your comment! smile

#7 17-12-09 19:51:12

Aspyre

I'm not having a go at you........ its just that logic dictates (from the information you gave) that you need to jump ship because you aren't happy.. The big question is do you jump now (and possibly lose money, maybe just get a total refund, or possibly upset the applecart) or wait until you have obtained the service you prepaid for (which doesn't appear to be substandard, and which is covered for the next 3-4 weeks) THEN jump??

NO his behaviour isn't the norm but also NO he isn't totally out of line either......  When you qualify you'll see what yarns get spun to excuse cancellations especially this time of year.. It'll be your call whether you believe them or not..... but believe ALL of them at your peril wink

Of course if there are no other trainers around then this is all academic.

#8 17-12-09 20:07:11

giggles184
Verified Member

Believe me aspyre i make no bones of the fact that im certain many a lie will be told about sickness... I have been friends with a local adi for a few yrs now and the stories i have heard! lol. But as i said i did give him a clear 48hrs adhering to my cancellation policy and i squeaked down the telephone to him when it probably would have been best to give the phone to someone else ... woops lol. Now he can have whatever opinion he likes, i know im not a time waster i simply would have preferred him to keep that to himself rather than rant at me over it at the very beginning of my lesson making me feel about as big as a thimble! Didnt exactly fill me with confidence you know...

I think a bigger thing is being made about my paid up lessons that i intended, i added that simply as i expected an anwser of leave and leave now from at least a member, therefore i felt it needed to be known. I will take my training that i have already paid for - i have no intention of handing over x amount of money to him and letting him have it without having to do any work!

I have my suspicions about why he is the way he is and if im right unfortunately things arnt going to change which is unfortunate as i know of perhaps another 3 trainers in my area 1 of whom i ruled out at the time i initially began training.l

#9 17-12-09 22:52:01

john55
Verified Member

4hrs training at a time would definately be too much for me too. why not offer him a compromise. 2hrs training every week instesd of 4hrs every other week. thats leaves less gaps in your training and 2hrs might be more manageable for you.

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#10 18-12-09 06:20:58

RobC
Verified Member
Website

giggles

Why not try one of the other ADI trainers that you previously discounted before you jump ship? Both my trainers were grade 6 ADIs but they were worlds apart as far as the quality of their ADI training was concerned.

Your trainer is not alone in trying to get cash from you in advance, in fact the large national training companies primary objectives are to get several thousands pounds of cash from you up front.

Rob

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#11 28-12-09 20:00:28

ExAdiNigel

Just a quick question Giggles, have you spoken to your trainer about these problems?  may be worth a mention.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer