You are not logged in.

#1 13-12-09 21:14:29

TT

Dont know what to do...

Hi all,

I obtained my full licence about 4 years ago now, but due to health reasons have not actually driven much at all. Now that I am a bit stable, I want to try and drive again but I have forgotten everything.  I'm thinking of approaching a driving instructor but quite scared at the prospect of approaching someone and facing my fear....  I was going to do it last year but never plucked up the courage.... Whilst I was learning I found driving hard to grasp then but I continued at it and got to passing my test but now I'm too scared!!  I got on with my old instructor and was comfortable with him but unfortuntly he is no longer an ADI.  How can I go on with finding a good patient ADI??  I dont know any, can anyone recommend anyone in the B'ham area? 

Sorry if does this not make sense, I'm just trying to let out my thoughts!!!  Driving seems like a daunting place but a life skill that I want to achieve.

13-12-09 21:14:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Dont know what to do...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-12-09 21:21:08

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi TT, well you have done the first step in putting down your fears in words, you would benefit from finding a great adi in your area who would help you to overcome your fears and give you the confidence you need to get back into driving.  I love the chance to help a driver achieve that confidence and the driving sessions whilst challenging for the customer can be so rewarding for both customer and instructor, so look through the directory on here or speak to anyone you know who is learning to drive and can recommend their instructor and make it a new years resolution to get back behind the wheel!  Best of luck to you I hope all goes well. 

Caroline

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 13-12-09 22:26:25

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Totally agree with the above...and well done you for thinking about getting back behind the wheel, youve worked hard to get that license and u want to make the most of.
Good luck  big_smile

#4 14-12-09 19:31:26

G
Verified Member
Website

very sensible attitude to get back into driving in a safe environment while building your confidence. If you let us know what area you are in I'm sure you will find a sympathetic instructor here willing to help.

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#5 14-12-09 21:21:08

TT

Thank you all for your kind comments, I am in the Birmingham area, so if you know anyone please let me know!!  I'm glad I took this step but now need to book my first lesson... LOL!!

Board footer