You are not logged in.

#1 13-12-09 16:18:09

Nitram-Dubman

Anyone teach in a Kia?

I lease a new Fiesta diesel from Robinson's at the moment and I'm staggered at how much it costs. I know it's inclusive of servicing and that, but I'm starting to weigh up the cost of buy/leasing/HP from a main line dealer.
One of the problems with Robinson's is the lack of choice. So i'm starting to shop around and exploring different makes.
So Kia is one manufacturer that sprang to mind, mainly because of a new dealership next to my usual Test Centre in Slough. So if anyone has one, what to you think? And how do you pay for it?
I'm paying of £360 a month at the moment and I aiming at a price of £250-£260 instead. The dealership reckons that can meet that price on a "hand it back after 3 years" HP deal, inclusive of Servicing and a 100,000 warrantee, they'll even fit dual controls.
So the only question is: are they any good?
Any thoughts or recommendations of other makes welcome.

Ta,
Martin

13-12-09 16:18:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Anyone teach in a Kia?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-03-10 18:24:26

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

I've had a Picanto now for 4 years and it's been fantastic.

The Picanto has a tiny boot, but pretty good rear leg room for a small hatch. I was regularly running it with 2, and sometimes 3, pupils in on military courses. On one occasion I had 3 Royal Marines in the car, plus me, and I was the smallest in the car at 5'11" and it coped brilliantly.

It's done nearly 100,000 miles, is still on the original mechanicals (except for the gearbox which had a minor fault at delivery, but was changed in an afternoon to save me losing a few days while they took it to pieces). It returns about 50 to the gallon with pupils driving and 55 with me driving. I've driven over 1000 miles in a couple of days without a missed beat and no car induced tiredness.

Perhaps, most impressive of all, it was smacked up the back by a Rover 400 last year while we were stationary at a set of red lights. The police estimated that the Rover was probably still doing around 25 at the point of impact, which punched us nearly 10m down the road (luckily the old lady was over to the other side of the road by that point). The Rover's front end was completely smashed, with the bumper hanging off, the bonnet folded right up and both the front wings popped. The back bumper of the Picanto was nearly off, neither wing was damaged, nor were the lights. The boot floor needed replacing, along with the bumper, but that was it.

They're quite revvy, but I'm very happy with it and will probably get another one when this one looks like dying (if I don't, I'll be getting the Rio).

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

#3 19-03-10 21:21:45

Nitram-Dubman

Cheers Robin - great review!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 19-03-10 21:52:27

Roadmaster
Verified Member

The dealership reckons that can meet that price on a "hand it back after 3 years" HP deal, inclusive of Servicing and a 100,000 warrantee, they'll even fit dual controls.

What is the mileage allowance on the 3 year deal?

Board footer