You are not logged in.

#1 10-12-09 21:09:35

Nitram-Dubman

My first Check Test today

Well, I had my first check test today and was given a grade 4 - I was hoping for better but over all can't complain.
I passed my part 3 just under 6 months ago on the second attempt with a 4-4 and have been teaching full time since then.
So today I chose a pupil who has had about 12 hours tuition in total, she's 17 and learning very quickly. I chose roundabouts as a subject and, as we have already had a roundabout lesson, concentrated on a large spiral roundabout (Red Cow roundabout in slough if anyone is familiar with it). It all went well, she made few other mistakes to and from which I sorted out with my core comps and done very well on the roundabout and larger linking roads and junctions.
On the debrief I was told that I had missed and not dealt with a couple of driving errors. Also, with the roundabout lesson, I had not really addressed the "undue hesitation" aspect of her driving and just concentrated on position and observations. The parting comments were that he had enjoyed the lesson and that my overall standard represented good value for my students.
So - next time a 5!

10-12-09 21:09:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My first Check Test today

#2 10-12-09 21:41:57

on board training

Hi,

Good to get a grading on first check test. Did you take any training before hand?

Brian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 10-12-09 21:54:00

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congrats on getting through your first check test, as Brian said, you got your grading which is great and you chose a subject that was pertinent to your pupil and you made progress with them.  It's hard to prove your worth in just one hour and faults that you don't expect crop up like magic!   I am looking forward to my 2nd check test invite  any time soon  neutral   first was a scary one but unlike you it took them 2 years to catch up with me!   tongue

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#4 10-12-09 22:01:29

Nitram-Dubman

Hi Brian,

Yes I did get some training before my check test. I have a franchise with New Driver Driving Schools who, I have to say, offer excellent training and support. I, along with about 6 others, had a day at our head office last month just for check test training with a guy called Dave Foster, their Training Director, who is very good and extremely well qualified. In fact, you've reminded me that I must drop him an email and thank him.

Martin

#5 10-12-09 22:31:09

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Well done on getting a grade on your first C/T.

Hmmn... Red Cow roundabout!  The hours I spend on that some weeks!!

#6 12-12-09 09:45:23

pedro
Verified Member

Well done. Good going on getting a grade on your first go. 

Board footer