You are not logged in.

#1 10-12-09 19:18:24

mon
Verified Member
Website

Getting worried...

Hi,everyone I am a regular poster on the forums,so I just thought I would use your good will and ask for some advice.Now don't want to sound like a whiner,but I am just wondering would any Adi s who had young kids and held down a full time job(4.00 am start) ,tell me that its going to be fine,keep the head and you will get there?Now as i said I have seen some posts were other Pdi s have had awful problems to deal with,but I really cannot talk to anybody about the stress I am going through at the moment.My trainer is really good,thats not the prob at all.
But the fear of letting myself down sometimes gets to me,with a big clock ticking in the back ground Feb 19 th next year my 2 years are up,my first result was 3 and 5 ,but with this recession getting worse,funds are hard to find for test fees and traing.......here sorry guys,self pity....blah blah.Just some advice how to keep all these balls in the air.
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

10-12-09 19:18:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Getting worried...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-12-09 21:03:03

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Don't worry about the 'big clock' as long as you book your part three before Feb 19th that is enough. You can take after the nineteeth [within a reasonable time frame]. Hope this helps smile

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 11-12-09 14:14:36

graemeg
Verified Member
Website

Hi mon,

Try not to let the pressure get to you. When I was training I was working as a lorry driver with 1.00am starts and long shifts. Passed my Part 3 on the 3rd attempt big_smile that was pressure!

Just dont lose sight of the goal you are aiming for and keep telling yourself that you can do it and the reasons that you want to do it and you will be fine.

Best wishes.

Graeme

#4 11-12-09 14:42:04

KevB
Verified Member
Website

In all honesty, I don't think this is a career I would recommend for a family man if instruction is to be his only income, particularly if financing tests, licences, etc etc is a squeeze.

Gaining at least 1 5 on your previous attempt shows you are more than capable of qualifying, provided the right training has taken place to help you over the final hurdle.

If your trainer is supporting you, and you feel capable, go for it and qualify.

Once qualified, you dont have to register straight away, you have 12 months to do so.
Take your time whilst you already have a job before deciding wether instruction is to suport your other career, or wether it is to replace it.

#5 11-12-09 15:23:02

mon
Verified Member
Website

Wont be giving up other job for foreseeable future,year and a half is what I reckon it will take to build up a pupil base ,so I can then go part time at the 2 jobs,better life all round..
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Board footer