You are not logged in.

#1 10-12-09 10:20:48

neetie1957

my first post

hi i have been reading the posts on here and i am finding lots of really good advice. my question is i am on to my 40th hour on my part 3 training and was wondering if anybody has questions to ask for a lesson on FLH as i am not sure how to start the lesson or how to deal with it on the move either. Hope this doesn't sound too  wierd anyway hope you experienced folks can help.

10-12-09 10:20:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: my first post

#2 10-12-09 18:19:52

Aspyre

It depends on the word picture (if you are thinking of Part 3 rather than a real ppl).

A good example is that you might get the examiner playing the part of someone who has been living and working overseas (e.g. Germany) for a long time, and who has been driving over there.. He might tell you he wants to brush up on his UK driving because when he has been out he keeps getting people flashing their lights or sounding their horns.. This is just one example which I know they have used at one of my TCs.

It obviously helps if you know from this that he has been driving on the right..... so you could engage him in conversation with Q&A about that......... "How did you get on with driving on the right??"..... "Have you found it difficult to adjust being back over here??"....... "Were you driving a manual or automatic over there??"......... and so on.

What will likely happen is he will corner or drive very wide and thats what you have to fix.. Maybe also gear change and handbrake faults with this scenario.

Of course it depnds on the FLH he is playing.

#3 10-12-09 18:37:43

neetie1957

many thanks Aspyre i am looking forward to the lesson but as i said i have been a bit unsure of how to start this particular lesson and am very glad of the advice. Hope you can help in the future thanks again

#4 10-12-09 19:35:44

Matterhorn

There are 4 possible scenario's for a full licence holder on a part 3 test and they can be found in the driving instructors handbook or ADI1. They are as follows;

They require development in preparation for a job interview that requires a driving assessment by a potential employer.

They have been abroad for a couple of years and have now returned to Great Britain.

They have not driven regularly for some time and will now be required to commute by car between different urban locations.

They have difficulty with reverse parking as they were never taught this manoeuvre and realises that with fewer spaces available on-road there is a need to be able to do this.

Depends on the scenario but you could ask any of the following;
Tell me about your driving experience?
How long have you been driving?
Did you do any driving while you have been away?
What kind of roads do you normally drive on?
What is required of you when you undertake this driving assessment?
What area of your driving do you feel needs developing?
Have you noticed any differences between the roads now and a few years ago?
Have you been using kmph or mph while driving abroad?
Have you ever had a job that has required you to drive before?
How many 1000's miles do you normally drive per year?

Now link this into the topic/PST that you are going to be coaching and ask relevant questions on the chosen subject.

#5 10-12-09 20:17:04

neetie1957

Cheers Matterhorn i will start to prep up for this lesson with a lot more confidence now. Thanks  smile

Board footer