You are not logged in.

#1 07-12-09 23:45:37

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Failed Part 1... bl@@dy HPT!!!.......EDITED... I'VE PASSED!!!

Oh Poo!!!!
I had my part 1 on Saturday and FAILED sad.

I had 100/53. !!!!!!!! HPT. I thought I was doing really well until I got the dreaded red cross. But, I just made sure that I didn't over-click on any of the other clips and I was convinced I would still have passed. So when I was given the result I was looking for the bit at the top that said 'Congratulations' but it wasn't there.. Then I saw the marks... 100% for the multiple choice and 53 for the HPT. sad

The clip that got me was a nasty little one (I think).
On a country lane, when coming around a blind bend I see on the right, a lady pushing a childs buggy and walks straight out of a farm entrance and into the road.. I did the 3 clicks in pretty rapid fire as I would have been slamming the breaks on at that point.. However, as my car comes further around the bend, I then see a car having to swerve around the lady.... so hence, as it was swerving into my path, I see it as an additional hazard and give another 3 clicks. End of clip.. RED CROSS - SCORED ZERO.
I'd been using the Focus All Test DVD and know for sure that the way I clicked in the test would not have been seen as cheating.. So, my confidence is pretty low at the moment and the thought of spending £90 per go for something that seems to be a bit of a Black Art leaves me cold.
I've taken on board the advice from all other threads on the HPT, so will just limit myself to 3 clicks for any hazard next time and so be it!!
Wish me luck... I'm going to need it!!

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

07-12-09 23:45:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed Part 1... bl@@dy HPT!!!.......EDITED... I'VE PASSED!!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-12-09 23:53:35

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I'm rubbish at the HPT, tried it recently and got infuriated that I got terrible scores. great concept, flawed design. Took me several goes to get it right when I was training.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#3 08-12-09 00:00:15

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

On the focus DVD I'm getting high 60's and 70's, but I find that it very rarely gives the red cross unless you really try to see how many times you need to click and try to get a RED CROSS.
Also, the DSA HPT test seems to be very staged... people walking into the road without even thinking of looking for cars etc.. obviously a set-up!!
The annoying thing is that it doesn't give you the chance to analyse the clips to see where you went wrong... It's a scam if you ask me.

#4 08-12-09 09:35:03

judy_83

I know it's frustrating, but don't let it get to you.  I would tell you how many times it took me to pass my part 1, but i'd be too embarassed!

Personally I felt that there was a vast difference between the focus dvd's and dsa, once you get your head round that you should be okay.  Yes, the dsa hp clips are obviously staged, but in theory that should make it easier (but not always the case).

Mosty importantly don't lose heart, if you want it, go for it!!!

Judy

#5 08-12-09 12:35:26

Dave G

Hi Tregster

Have been watching for your results. Sorry to hear about the HP test. I must admit I only scraped through as you know. Dont give up mate you will get there.

Regards
Dave

Part 1- 100%/57%
Part2- 1 Minor
Part3-5-4
Check Test -Grade6
C&Guilds 7307 Teaching in Adult & Further Education
DipNEBSM

#6 08-12-09 14:27:39

jay666
Website

Yes i also scraped through the hp so don't give up. You Will nail it next time I'm sure

Jay

#7 08-12-09 15:13:35

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Thanks All.... BUT  tongue I've been a little sneaky!!!

When I failed the part 1 on Saturday, I went straight home and booked another one for 1pm today...
It was in a different test centre, so I turned up ridiculously early at 11.30 because I wasn't sure where it was and I wanted to make sure it was the right place.. So, as I was there anyway, I asked if there were any free slots..'Yes, Sir... You can do it now'.... Gulp yikes.

I was extremely nervous, my heart was as tense as a drum and my fingers were shaking so much I thought it would cause me to click too often.

So... the multiple choice questions were some of the most difficult I had ever had.. and for some reason they were some of the questions that cropped-up very rarely or never on all my mock tests... So that came and went and it was onto the HPT...

My heart was in my mouth.. I had been working on changing my clicking patterns over the last few days to hopefully give the DSA test what it was looking for.. in fact, I was probably over cautious. After every clip I was holding my breath and waiting for the dreaded RED CROSS and a big fat ZERO,  but it never came. At the end, I was so nervous that I did all the trial questions, HPT trial and the customer survey as a way to delay getting a negative test result..

BUT, I'm pleased to say that I PASSED  big_smile 8-).

I didn't get the 100% in the multiple choice as I had last time, but I had a respectable 99% and a score of 65 in the HPT as apposed to Saturdays 53.

Thanks for all the advice on this forum everybody, it was a great help.. Now for Part 2!!!

#8 08-12-09 15:34:31

Dave G

Brilliant Tregster, Im really pleased for you. You are the same as me, I turned up for my part 1 half an early in my suit and it was good morning Sir, ready when you are Sir!!! much to the dismay of all the others sat waiting!

Im now on my 3rd part 2 lesson, its really good once you get used to the block gear changing and realising things like using the car as an indicator instead of indicating when overtaking. Its motorways on Friday so that will be fun.

Keep in touch Tregster, we should go for a well earned beer when we qualify.

Regards
Dave

Part 1- 100%/57%
Part2- 1 Minor
Part3-5-4
Check Test -Grade6
C&Guilds 7307 Teaching in Adult & Further Education
DipNEBSM

#9 08-12-09 16:48:56

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Thanks, Dave..... A beer sounds good right now, but I have a lesson tomorrow.. it'll be my 3rd lesson too. My instructor has asked me to put in for my part 2 test now for about a months time. I could have done it sooner, but my photocard license expires in 2 days, so I need to give it enough time to be returned... luckily I was able to pass part 1 before sending it off.
Lessons are going well, just a few tweaks, then I'll be ready.
My instructor wants to run through a few reverses tomorrow and then start part 3 training for a while until we are a little closer to my part 2 test when we can have a few lessons before the test.
Would love to keep in touch since we are at about the same stage in training.
Regards,
Neil.

#10 08-12-09 20:08:58

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations.   big_smile   Enjoy the part 2 test, at least you won't be playing a computer game  tongue

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#11 10-12-09 01:03:56

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Well done Tregster, great result. All the best for your part 2

John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

Board footer