You are not logged in.

#1 10-10-09 21:00:17

FresaRubia

Failed again :-(

Hi all,

I failed my second test yesterday! Sigh. Was trying so hard not to get marked down for undue hesitation at junctions and roundabouts that I missed a stop sign!   roll Only two min from end of test as well.

I never feel I drive as well in my test due to nerves, any pearls of wisdome on how to overcome this?

FR

10-10-09 21:00:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed again :-(

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-10-09 08:58:10

Madhatter
Verified Member

Hi FR,

Ask your instructor to recommend another instructor to take you out for a mock test. I offer this to my students and those that take me up on it have benefited.

Good luck.

Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

#3 13-10-09 17:30:06

Marco Polo
Website

Fresa, I agree with Tim the Mad Hatter.

When you have an hour session with a "swapped over instructor" and he/she conducts a mock test. It will get you used to the awkward feeling you have on test day.

Also, if you drove soundly for 35 minutes and didn't quite stop for a stop sign, I'd say you should be third time lucky.

Whatever happens, don't give up. The privilege of driving, far outweighs the effort, time and money that goes into getting through the test.

Also, take up Pass plus afterwards, it will make you into an even safer driver.

#4 15-10-09 09:18:38

FresaRubia

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, have mock and actual test next week so fingers cossed!

Will let you know how it goes.

FR

#5 22-10-09 16:22:56

FresaRubia

Well, I failed for a third time!   :cry:

3m 1s... sigh.

I think i'm still just paniking because it's a 'test', cos the mock was fine.

I'm now wondering if i should sit the test in my own car to make me more at ease, like sitting an exam in your living room!?

Anyway, going to book another one!   roll

FR

#6 22-10-09 19:35:40

Madhatter
Verified Member

Hi FR,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the result you wanted but pleased you're going to keep at it.

One of my first students failed with a couple of major faults, had a horrible time, hated every moment of the test and swore she'd never do it again. She passed a fortnight later with 1 minor! You will pass too.

Good luck.

Tim

#7 24-10-09 18:25:08

Marco Polo
Website

Don't give up FR, you'll get there!

#8 25-11-09 13:27:24

FresaRubia

Finally passed this morning!!!! big_smile

4th time lucky huh.....  roll

Thanks for the advice guys

FR

#9 25-11-09 14:04:32

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

Brilliant....Well done FR big_smile

M

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08
Part 3. Failed 1st attempt 17/3/09
Part 3. 2nd attempt Passed 01/05/09
1st Check Test Grade 6 31/3/10

#10 25-11-09 15:14:56

razzie

Congratulations - and well done for keeping on trying, trust me its well worth it. Happy driving!

#11 25-11-09 17:00:43

Gizmotime
Administrator

Congratulations hun, We all new you could do it wink

Giz

#12 25-11-09 19:09:46

Madhatter
Verified Member

Well done! Hope you'll have fun on your Pass plus!!  big_smile
Tim

#13 25-11-09 19:22:01

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Well done!

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#14 26-11-09 09:22:40

yasmin
Verified Member

Well done from me too! big_smile

#15 26-11-09 13:50:01

FresaRubia

Hi again,

Took my little Fiesta (Twyla wink) out for a spin yesterday evening so got my first solo out of the way!  big_smile

Was thinking about my last test, I sat this in my own car. The first three tests (in a car with dual control) I was never asked to do an emergency stop, but when I sat it in mine I was, and only about two min into the test. I'm wondering if he was making sure I could stop the car if needed! Lol

Anyway, am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my shiny pink licence...... big_smile

FR

#16 11-01-10 16:08:36

Marco Polo
Website

Well done FR! Stay safe!

Board footer