You are not logged in.

#1 16-04-05 22:04:08

mags
Verified Member

Pink Licences

Hi everyone would just like a bit of advice, have read some of the posts on the pink licence, and seriously considering a pink, only trouble is the company that i am training with dont do it, my trainer has said that she is willing to sign the forms for me, and she said to try BSM but she also said that if i go with them they will expect me to work for them when i qualify, which i dont want to do. I dont want to work with the company i am training with either, although i am happy with my training with them, i have heard so many negative reports about them i want to stay clear of them. The reason i feel i would like to go on a pink is because i am getting no practice what so ever in between my sessions and i feel that i need to get experience first hand with some learners.
Just wondered if anyone knew if any of the smaller schools would be prepared to take me on or am i doomed to have to go to the larger companies, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Mags  smile

16-04-05 22:04:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Licences

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-04-05 07:34:05

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mags,

If you are looking for a smaller company then you'll probably have to tell us whereabouts you are based. At this time of year you should get plenty of offers, but do your research carefully as smaller schools can be as demanding as the bigger ones.

Regards,

#3 17-04-05 11:57:09

Delta
Verified Member

Hi mags

I too did not like the idea of going with BSM for my pink licence because I didn't want to be a BSM instructor. Instead I went with Red driving school.

It is a national school but it's a lot smaller than BSM and AA and I have been very happy with them so far - I've been on a pink licence for 2 weeks now.

Check them out at www.go-red.co.uk

Good luck

#4 17-04-05 11:57:29

mags
Verified Member

Oh yes sorry Big Red i am in the midlands area  approx 5 miles from Lichfield in Staffordshire. Do you know if theses schools expect you to take a job with then when you have qualified?
Regards Mags

#5 17-04-05 12:01:48

Delta
Verified Member

Red Driving School don't tie you into a fixed term contract. They say they are happy for you to leave on a 28 day notice period whenever you like. So you can leave once on a green, before you get a green or stay after you get a green.

#6 17-04-05 12:04:52

mags
Verified Member

Thanks for that Delta, i will look into that as the Red driving school has actually taken over the company that i am doing my training with, i wonder why they are not offering this to the part 3 students as my instructor told me that they did not do the pink licence.(lets drive)
Did you just have to go and see the red driving school to see if they would take you on? and do they expect you to stay with them when you have qualified.
I know the money is pretty bad on a pink but i am not that bothered about the wages its the experience i need with learners, do you think it has helped you?
Thanks again Mags

#7 17-04-05 12:29:51

Delta
Verified Member

Mags,

I visited the website, put my details into a 'contact me' type of page on the 'work for Red' section and the Regional manager contacted me to arrange a meeting. Once I had made my decision, I called him back to do the business and away I was. Before I started I attended an induction day with two other pink licence holders like me and I found that very useful.

My advice to you is to use the website like I did so that the regional manager in your area will contact you. He/she will be able to answer all your questions more thorughly but no - they do not expect you to stay with them once qualified, and the school doesn't differentiate between pinks and greens in terms of how you are treated as an instructor.

As for my experience, I have only been doing two weeks but I feel that the experience has been invaluable in terms of getting into the mind-set of being an instructor. This has boosted my confidence for the part three no end.

As for the money, I am doing 35 hours of lessons a week (the amount recommended by my trainer - any more and it's overworking yourself and preventing you from preparing for part 3). According to my calculations, I'm be earning more than I was in my last job, and I'm getting part 3 practice so good news all round as far as I'm concerned.

Go on the pink, but don't lose sight of the part 3 test - that's my advice.

#8 17-04-05 14:06:58

mags
Verified Member

Thanks for that Delta going to do that right now cheers
Mags

#9 19-04-05 16:22:02

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

As a Lets Drive trainee Mags, were you not aware of Red driving school?

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#10 20-04-05 13:17:28

mags
Verified Member

Yes colin i was aware of the Red driving school and the Instructor college, that took over from Lets Drive, but as a Lets Drive trainee we are not offered the chance to work on a pink licence, the companies have not merged and Lets Drive are operating in exactly the same way as they were before the Administrators came in, therefore we are not offered the same things  that the trainee`s from the Instuctor college. To be honest no i do not know very much about the Red driving school or the Instructor college, only the fact that they took Lets Drive out of the hands of the liquidators and saved me how ever much it would cost to do my part 3 training, so for that i am extremely grateful.
Kind regards Mags smile

#11 23-04-05 11:52:36

Caroline H

Hi there:  join the club. Only problem is the availability of pinks! Pls look at my newly posted "Trainees". It is the same problem in reverse, but later on! I am convinced that pink/trainee is vital so please do not lose your opportunity to get one.  G luck.

#12 16-05-05 16:33:48

patsy

hi all. i'm on my part 3 and 23 weeks in, i've people waiting for me to complete so i can train them,( only 2 ) my instructor thinks i should get myself a adi car and do a little training to help me with my part 3 ( don't charge) then when the time comes apply for the pink licence. the problem is the car.  do i want to purchase a car only to find i can't pass part 3? what car to buy? do i need my own car for the pinky.....please help...

#13 16-05-05 16:48:18

VandADI
Administrator

Hi patsy,
One way around your problem could be a short term lease.
These run from 3/6 or 12 month contract and prices are very reasonable.
For a 1.2 corsa design,5 door, Brand New, with a/c, duals, all servicing carried out by leasing company,Road Tax. The only things you pay for are petrol, insurance and any damage to tyres or mirrors, also the mileage is limited to 30,000 per year. If for any reason your vehicle is off the road, they will deliver another to you a.s.a.p.
All this for £69.15 inclusive of V.A.T.   Got to be worth investigating.
Try www.dualcontrol-car-rental.co.uk
www.ADI-Car-Rental.co.uk
By the way, these are rented to P.D.I's.
Regards
VandADI

#14 17-05-05 08:28:36

Caroline H

I too recommend hiring a car for your trainee license. Also suggest (don't know your location) Robinsons of Leicester. Extremely helpful, very reasonable, and primarily car hire for ADI/PDI's! Then at least you will know what sort of car you do/don't like! Regret do not have the details to hand but Deborah is the person to speak with!. Good luck. Caroline.

#15 17-05-05 19:11:47

g'day
Verified Member
Website

Mags

Thanks for posting the question and thanks for the information from those replying.

I am in the same boat (or should that be car), training with letsdrive, just had first part 2 session yesterday but already thinking ahead to what I need to do to achieve part 3 and whether to take a Pink without giving up my full time day job, whether I can manage this and how to go about it.

God I wish I had found this site before parting with all my money!

Thanks all for your advice. smile keep it coming!

Board footer