You are not logged in.

#1 13-10-09 19:44:58

destiny hope

just started on pink.....

Hi all  big_smile Started on a pink licence recently and was feeling good was picking up when it was my error and when it was pupil and was starting to see a difference in my briefings etc. Did a lesson today however and it all went wrong when it came to practicing moving off and stopping  (although she was very happy and can't wait till next week) now feel like im back at the start and doubting if i can do this. just wondered if others felt this way when out on a pink. Thanks Des

:0) passed part 2 22.06.09

13-10-09 19:44:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: just started on pink.....

#2 19-10-09 15:22:55

simi

Hi, Destiny, I'm thinking of taking the pink licence and I'm almost done my 40 hours.I think everything seems to be hard at the beginning
but if we really want it with 100% dedication WE CAN DO IT , AND WE CAN ENJOY IT. I'm really looking forward to start and I wish you the best. By the way, can you tell me how long have you been waiting for the trainee licence to came? thanks !

#3 19-10-09 16:41:28

destiny hope

Hi it took 4 weeks to get my pink licence back and a lot of phone calls to the DSA with them saying they hadn't got my paperwork when I knew they had. My advice would be make sure you give them plenty of time to do it. I'm loving being on the pink just had a bad lesson that day but am teaching her again on sunday and I'm more prepared with what it is I need to do after spending lots of time watching my trainer teach. smile

#4 19-10-09 16:50:40

simi

Thanks, Destiny, for your answer.Good luck with your learner , and I hope I'll be as happy as you are with my first pupil. big_smile !And one more question, if you don't mind, do you pay monthly for your car ? I am with BSM now , but I didn't ask yet about their deals. I'm going to do it next week! thanks

#5 19-10-09 17:02:16

destiny hope

Hi I did my training with a local indepent lady and am working with her. I bought a corsa and got duals fitted and I am paying her per pupil that she gats me rather than a set weekly amount  smile. I currently have 6 pupils and am teaching 12 hours a week around my part time job at the hospital and I love it. Just wish i'd done it sooner smile

#6 19-10-09 17:24:05

Spike
Verified Member

Hi Destiny

Don't worry too much about it. Every pupil is different and as you gain experience, you'll realise that some people learn at different rates than others. You may well find that once this lady has mastered moving off and stopping, she may well pick everything else up quickly, while others master moving off & stopping very quickly and then struggle with steering.

This is why the pink badge is so useful IMO - it gives you a feel for what training real pupils is like as opposed to purely learning PSTs. Hang in there!

#7 19-10-09 19:44:05

destiny hope

Thank you. Am definatley sticking with it cant wait till her lesson on sunday and have another go at it with her

#8 22-11-09 23:00:36

mspl

Hi Destiny can you give us a bit more info on what went wrong on the lesson.
You say the pupil was happy with the way things went so I presume it's you that is unhappy
with the way the lesson went.
In the early days of being on pink it's very common to question your ability,there is nothing wrong with this
as it shows you care.
Make sure you keep records of your lessons,they are invaluable for reference on the next session.
You will find as you gain experience that you will constantly refine and evolve your way of teaching,and will be able to switch your methods to suit the individual.
Try and involve your pupil as much as possible,let them give you the answers,and make sure they enjoy the lesson.
Good luck.

#9 22-11-09 23:08:00

destiny hope

Hi MSpl it seems like a long time ago i wrote this lol cant believe its only been six weeks. I was un happy as i hadnt been able to acheive what my trainer calls success. had her moving off but no matter what i did we were stopping either on the kerb or a long way from it. I just couldnt et her on that parking maker.

Board footer