You are not logged in.

#1 21-11-09 10:18:33

mon
Verified Member
Website

post just in,gutted..

Well my 5 day wait is over and I am struggling with mixed emotions as I type this.Firstly as you could read from my last post I really wasn't happy with my performance,all week I was discecting everything in my head and was really dreading getting a 2 and 3 or something on those lines.
But my result is Ph1 3 and Ph2  5 .
Briefing was too long,and a few other things i will talk about later.
But although not over the moon,this has showed me I have it in me,got a couple of 6s on my sheet,Att and app to pupil...will do a bit more training a get on the phone for retest...
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

21-11-09 10:18:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: post just in,gutted..

#2 21-11-09 10:49:59

Lucky245
Verified Member

Sorry to hear about about your delayed success but you'll be 100% ready for eddie if you get him again, 3:5 means you were very close, you'll not see many people in N.I. pass first attempt especially with eddie as his examining technique is unique to say the least.  Remember to ask for a debrief and have all of your questions and doubts written down as he doesn't take comprehensive notes and may not remember some issues.  That way the next time you can play him as per his comments as I did.  His only comment on my pass was that it was obvious I had listened to his debrief from before.  big_smile

I'd book your retest asap as you can pick a date well in advance and then change it if you feel your not ready.  At least you may get the chance of getting when suits you and your instructor.

By the way what PST did you get?   Although I can probably guess from your forum question on protected rights 

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 21-11-09 17:27:39

keith williams
Verified Member

you'll not see many people in N.I. pass first attempt especially with eddie as his examining technique is unique to say the least.

Sorry to hear the bad news Mon, don't mean to tread on your thread but plenty of people in NI pass first time and with Eddie! He's a straight up examiner so don't be put off if you get him next time round, I've never had any issues with the way he's conducted part 3s for my PDIs

#4 21-11-09 17:39:30

keith williams
Verified Member

What I was trying to get across was that there is nothing wrong with the way Eddie conducts the part3, calling his examining technique 'unique' is not going to help for the next attempt surely is it? I thought telling Mon not to be put off the next time round if he gets the same examiner was encouraging!

Don't know what you mean about the as per normal bit, don't think I've spoken to you before!

#5 21-11-09 17:42:20

keith williams
Verified Member

oo-er! Lucky's last post just went missing! Maybe it's just my computer. If not, then the last post makes no sense!

Anyway. Good luck next time Mon, you clearly have the skills there and were using them on phase 2. You're being marked on the same skills for both phases so you know what to do next time!

#6 21-11-09 18:43:31

mon
Verified Member
Website

6% first time pass was the figure I was given by my trainer for first time pass Keith,I've no problem with Eddie ,he so reminds me of my nephew who has problem with too much gas app junctions,not responding when you speak to him,another planet he's on sometimes.
Eddie is portraying this kind of pupil alot of the time.Hope i didn't create any anomosity between anyone because all I am after is someone to tell me,good on you,well done even though you failed this time,lol....which you both did,your conflicting views on Eddie are new to me..
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#7 25-11-09 20:53:39

julieb

Sorry to hear of your delayed success, but you will do it next time! Just believe in your self, tell your self you know you can do it and will be successful and above all that your not going to let the (examiner) - YOUR PUPIL - get away with anything! Well done for passing phase 2 with such a good mark and to get some 6's on your sheet shows your more than capable to pass this exam!!! Good luck with your next attempt!!!! Julie.

Board footer