You are not logged in.

#1 21-11-09 11:02:46

joeybaker1984
Verified Member

Q&A's for Ped crossings

Hi,

I'm struggling a little with my Q&A techniques for the Ped Crossings on the move.
I seem to keep asing the same questions over and over and I'm not sure whether this is correct?
"What can you see ahead, what do you need to do, what do you need to check " etc.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers
Joe

21-11-09 11:02:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Q&A's for Ped crossings

#2 21-11-09 11:35:40

mon
Verified Member
Website

I got Signals/Ped Crossing for Ph 2 on Tuesday,thats more or less what I done on Approach ask Tell me when you see a Light Controlled or Zebra Crossing ahead ,then went through what mirrors and why,where are you looking,should answer,I'm scanning from side to side on the crossing.
I got speed on approach as a main fault,Q&A on it and his answer was Oh I just wanted to get clear of those lights before they changed,make progress you know what I mean.
So I had a whole new set of Questions for him about safety on Approach,being able to stop safely,got him on my level.
Just watch he does everything he tells you he's going to do,because each crossing as he told me I'm going to check mirrors,he only checked right mirror.Hope this helps a little.
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#3 23-11-09 22:13:15

joeybaker1984
Verified Member

Cheers Mon, much appreciated

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 23-11-09 22:38:13

KevB
Verified Member
Website

a few to throw into the mix......

"how will you react if the lights go amber?"
"what benefits are there to assessing how close the driver behind is to us as we approach this crossing?"
"Why should you reduce your speed as we approach the puffin crossing if the vehicle behind is so close that we cannot see his tyres?"
"what might we expect that woman with the red hat to do if she looks over her shoulder?"
"Should we always wait for all of the pedestrians to step off the crossing before we proceed?"
"That cyclist appears to be waiting for the crossing to clear, are you going to stop beside him, or should we wait behind him?"
"What advantages are there in slowing down earlier whilst that woman clears the crossing over coming to a complete stop?...."What disadvantages might there be?"

#5 23-11-09 22:49:53

Matterhorn

A few more for the mix.....

What advance warning can you get of a pedestrian crossing ahead?
What are the dangers of accelerating towards a pedestrian crossing?
What signal might you consider on approach to a pedestrian crossing?
Why isn't it safe to wave a pedestrian across?
What are the rules of priority at a staggered light-controlled pedestrian crossing?
Why is it important to keep the crossing clear in a queue of traffic?

Board footer