You are not logged in.

#1 19-11-09 14:07:26

mon
Verified Member
Website

Protected Right Turn Lanes?

Just being lazy here,using protected Right Turn lanes should you advise your pupil to position in the centre of the lane,as you are already well over to the right in the road anyhow.I ask because my Ex on Tues threw me,I know what some are going to say,I should have sound knowledge,he positioned just his side of the line,as he entered the PRT lane,I corrected him as I saw fit only to start doubting myself later.
Am I right,sure I am,PRT lane ,position in the centre of lane??

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

19-11-09 14:07:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Protected Right Turn Lanes?

#2 19-11-09 15:01:15

on board training

Hi,

Positioning for lanes is generally central, however you do need to look at each situation on it's own merits.

It may be appropraite to position more to the N/S or O/S of the lane depending on actual or potential hazards at the time.

Think as well about the situation when emerging and turning right from a junction, but there are parked cars on the oppposing carriageway of the road you are emerging from and restrict view and may affect other vehicles' positions, so you may well find it is more appropriate to position yourself to the N/S for turning right.

Brian

#3 19-11-09 15:26:03

mon
Verified Member
Website

I understand OBT,the situation we were in was big open road,good view,turning right off main.I know things are never just Black and White in this game,much like turning at your POT ,but now you have cars parked right up close to the junction,so start turning before your POT to allow clearence of said obstacles.
Mon...
P.s raining where you are???Noah's Ark just went past my house...

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Board footer