You are not logged in.

#1 16-04-05 10:21:35

Dom Kavanagh

failed part 2 at third/final attempt - devasted

I turned into the test centre and parked up, thinking I'd just got 5 or 6 minors, to be told I'd got 6 minors (o.k.), but also 1 serious fault - not noticing STOP road marking and treating the junction as a Give Way. I'm absolutely gutted, now I've got to wait until Aug.2006.  My manoeuvres and other previous worries caused no problems and I thought all had gone well. Perhaps the examiner chatting to me in the last mile should have been an indication that all was 'over'.  One lapse of concentration and....
Hope this is useful, if only as a timely reminder to part 2 folks to concentrate 100% at all times.  I've scored an own-goal at the 3rd attempt. I wish others the best of luck.

16-04-05 10:21:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: failed part 2 at third/final attempt - devasted

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-04-05 14:42:42

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I'm so sorry to read this Dom,
You're a good sport wishing us all on.
I have my second attempt at part2 this week and as a wake up call
about the stop sign or markings - thank you for your tip.

Don't give up though, August 2006 will soon come round and you'll pass part 1 and 2 and you'll be ahead.

All the best in the mean time.

Regards

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#3 16-04-05 14:50:03

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

I can only imagine how you must be feeling at the moment.........Don't give up, as Sibecks says the time will pass quickly and you will probably race through next time round.  Stop signs are one of the things I always worry about as we don't have that many round here.

All the best
Alex

#4 16-04-05 16:44:45

luchell

so sorry to hear that dom. as the others say time will go quickly and next time round its advantage you.
thankyou for giving us a wake up call though.

#5 17-04-05 20:31:52

Rog
Website

Dom,

I'm really sorry to here your news. It was very gallant of you to share it with us and to still wish us well.

Are you going to try again in Aug 2006?

Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#6 17-04-05 21:04:16

Dom Kavanagh

Yes, Rog I fully intend persevering with the training - I have my heart set on becoming an ADI, as a worthy change of career. I'll be doing a year's work of some sort to pay the bills etc..., then hopefully I'll fly through next time.  I scored a silly own goal it appears in my final attempt at the part 2. However, strangely enough, when I went back to the junction where I'd apparently missed the STOP sign, there was NO stop sign there - just a signpost with sign missing!  Granted, there was a very faded STOP in broken white road markings, but shouldn't there have been a sign too, I wonder?  Any grounds for appeal?  I've contacted my training provider to see what they say.

#7 17-04-05 22:04:28

Django

So close as well. Sorry mate you must be gutted. As you say use this year 'out' to get on top of your game.

Keep the faith

#8 18-04-05 10:35:24

FFF

Hi Dom

Bad luck mate, would have thought an apeal was worth a shot, what can you lose (I'm assuming an appeal costs nowt).  Good luck when you get back to it - sounds like you want it enough, so it'll happen.  And as others have said, thanks for the wake-up call.

Phil

#9 18-04-05 19:31:37

Alibran

I asked my trainer about this and he said it's worth appealling.  There's a department at the DSA that deals with that kind of thing - I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure it would be easy enough to find out.  You'd probably need to send photos of the junction with the missing sign, though.

#10 18-04-05 19:55:20

Rog
Website

I agree with Alibran, it's worth a try. I'd get out there pretty sharpish and take some pictures of the junction.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#11 18-04-05 21:24:45

Dom Kavanagh

Thanks to all who have replied to my point about badly marked junction, resulting in part 2 failure - 3rd attempt.  Rog. and Alibran, thanks for your prompts to go and get photos - I did tonight on my digital.  What I'm not sure about is whether road markings for STOP have to be accompanied by a STOP sign (which was missing).  I'm going to send the photos to the DSA.  I've taken the photos on a clear evening - the test day was filthy (though not sure whether this is relevant).

One other thing, I got 3 minors for undue hesitancy at roundabouts, when I put the parking brake on and slipped the gear into neutral.  Should I have kept the gear in first with clutch down, parking brake on?  Am I right to think that neutral with parking brake is only for long periods of stopping? Any thoughts?

#12 19-04-05 09:14:46

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Nothing gained without trying. With a general election coming up the govenment will want your vote and they may give in to you're situation.
Poor road markings etc, worth a try to appeal, as said before what is there to loose. Regarding the roundabout, unless you have stopped for more than a few seconds there is no need to put the handbreak on unless again your on a hill. My test is tomorrow, going out for a drive now

Regards

#13 19-04-05 11:32:40

luchell

personally theres no way id put the handbrake on and stop waiting at a roundabout in neutral unless perhaps i could see a large tailback and knew i wasnt going to moving for a while. i always stop at red lights in whatever gear im in then handbrake neutral thats the only time i do it really. but thats the way ive been taught on my part two training i suppose all trainers are different.

#14 19-04-05 11:52:33

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

The eve of my test and I had just failed with a dangerous fault coming out of a T junction on to a 60mph limit as a car was going much faster than I expected from the left. As I increased speed the other driver shot past me. Another wake up call - miss judging speed of other drivers at T-junctions. Touch and go tomorrow!

Board footer