You are not logged in.

#1 14-11-09 14:15:57

mouldy

Booked My Test!!!

Got it the 6th January. Well excited.

Can anybody tell me how you find out if there have been cancellations. Ideally I want to take my test before xmas.

Thanks,

Sam

14-11-09 14:15:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Booked My Test!!!

#2 14-11-09 15:08:39

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

You just have to keep checking the DSA test bookings website regularly.

There's no separate "list", cancellations just appear under available tests for individual test centres as and when they occur

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#3 15-11-09 14:49:30

on board training

Hi Sam,

What area do you stay?

#4 15-11-09 15:32:14

mouldy

Well I live in Nottingham. I am definately doing my test at the Colwick centre because they are the routes I have been practising and it is the local test centre to me.

Is there anyway you can get them to ring up if a cancellation comes in or something?

Thanks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 15-11-09 17:26:16

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Is there anyway you can get them to ring up if a cancellation comes in or something?

The DSA don't do things like that I'm afraid.

Test cancellations are strictly on an open to all, first come, first served basis and it's up to anyone who wants them to look for them smile

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#6 15-11-09 19:39:40

on board training

Hi,

The only way to get a test earlier is to keep an eye on the DSA website re bookings that are available and also by phone as not all get posted on the website.

It is importnat however to ensure, before you change your test date, that your instructor will be available for any earlier test date you may find.

Cheers, Brian

#7 17-11-09 21:03:36

Aspyre

I booked a test for a ppl today mouldy...... normal tests are early January but cancellations/extra slots were available for this friday but nothing after that until Jan.. But I bet that come the weekend there will be some for next week.. The problem with cancellations is they tend to be short notice unless it is extra slots being released which weren't available until now, and those tend to be only one or two weeks out at most.

Seeing as it is Christmas you might find some people cancelling to save money so keep your eyes open.

Like the others say you have to keep checking but make sure you can get your instructors car before moving it - you only get three changes then you lose your money (unless you cancel it completely)

#8 17-11-09 23:53:27

mouldy

Yeah was constantly checking up today and found all the slots appear.

I know I won't feel confident enough doing it until mid december. And at 1 point the ideal date came up. So I got hold of my instructor and he couldn't do it anyway so I kept checking but no others came up around that time when I checked.

I will continue to look still fingers crossed something will come up.

#9 23-11-09 13:28:32

mouldy

16th December is now the date of my test! Delighted it seems to be ideal timing for me!

#10 24-11-09 08:52:49

walsh
Verified Member

Try if you can afford it a few extra lessons wekk leading up to your test.

Board footer