You are not logged in.

#1 27-09-09 09:07:12

kevg

I 30 Or I 20

Hi all looking for any comments on Hyundai i30 or i20 fed up with my Corsa thought I might give Hyundai a go.

27-09-09 09:07:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I 30 Or I 20

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-09-09 20:46:44

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Two colleages have the i20 and say good things about them. Great value.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 28-09-09 14:46:50

tiber
Verified Member

I think these are great value cars for driving schools. i really liked the i10, though i think you have to be careful with colour choice. The one that looks like an old astra i don't like.

#4 29-09-09 09:18:08

sam3000

hey all... i just seen the i-20 i think its good- not too big, not too small. i have heard good reviews but is it worth swapping to? what do you all think? shall i go for a test drive

#5 30-09-09 21:36:28

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Well, I've had my Hyundai I20 for a week now.  I have got the 1.2 classic (1248cc) 5 door model in silver. I've got a full sized spare wheel/tyre which fits in the tyre recess in boot instead of spacesaver. 
I have done 500miles. Averaging 43mpg for lessons so far which I am pleased with. Initial impresions - Very happy with the car so far. Pupils like it. (sufficient legroom for 6'4'' driver)large mirrors giving good vis. Drivers seat is also adjustable for height which is a bonus compared to my last car. Steering wheel also has height and reach adjustment. Speedo clearly visible from passenger seat. A/C is standard along with 6 airbags, The car handles and performs well and I think its well equipped for a basic model.   Servicing is 1st - 10,000miles then 12,500miles thereafter.   

I would take one out for a test drive and try a few manoeuvres.

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#6 13-11-09 07:28:00

kevg

Hi Ordered my Hyundai I20 diesel on 4th October told 4 weeks wait,still no sign the last phone call i was told the cars still in the factory.

#7 13-11-09 15:12:14

YorkshireRose

I understand that there is quite a long wait for an i20 diesal. A friend of mine wanted to order one but was told by the dealer that there would be a long wait and they anticipated delivery in March 2010. With all the advertising I have seen on the TV it doesn't suprise me that people have noticed this car.

#8 13-11-09 15:24:57

driver69

i took a test drive in diesel i20 this week and dealer said would jan or feb before i got it.

#9 14-11-09 10:13:45

Disky
Verified Member
Website

same here, i went to enquire about an I30 as an instructor i know swears by his. The fact it's a 5 year unlimited mile warranty and it even covers the first clutch (so he says). he got 4 yrs 0% interest as well.

So off i toddled only to be told that the diesel version is going up by £400 in the next 2 weeks and that VAT will be rising 2.5% soon, thats why i went now, but the salesman then told me i would be looking at march time before he could get me one.

And i thought the car industry was fooked, we must be in the wrong game, i want to be a car salesman LOL

#10 14-11-09 18:24:18

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

does the 5 year warranty cover using the car for driving instruction?

I went to the website and it stated no cover for comerical use? I have sent an email to Hyundai to clarify this?

Do any of you guys know the answer to this?

Cheers

jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 14-11-09 18:31:26

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

And i thought the car industry was fooked, we must be in the wrong game, i want to be a car salesman LOL

They are not my favourite people,

Do Hyundai's still have Indicators on the right side of the wheel?

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#12 14-11-09 18:36:37

AlphaBob
Verified Member

I can confirm that the warranty does cover the car for driving instruction as they treat the car as a private sale.  The below question is taken from Hyundai website - see below link.  I have had a clutch replaced under warranty on my previous Hyundai which was a Getz.  I am now running an I20 and indicators are on the left.

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/owners/5YearWa … rantyFaqs/

Is it really unlimited mileage? Are there any restrictions?
The unlimited mileage is truly unlimited, for private and company vehicles. However, in the case of taxis, rental cars and couriers, the warranty is a very generous 100,000 miles or five years. Consumable/service and wear and tear items have a limited warranty. Driving school vehicles are treated as a private sale, and are covered under the unlimited mileage.

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#13 15-11-09 11:02:32

Disky
Verified Member
Website

great reply bob,, they do look to be a very cost effectiv e option in todays market, shame we just cant get them LOL

#14 15-11-09 13:47:58

driver69

The only downside I can see with the I20 or I30 is the interior looks and feels very cheap and downmarket when compared to Fiesta and Peugeot 308 and others. Apart from that the equipment level, warranty exterior styling and all seem good value, just don`t know myself if I could spend maybe 10 hours a day in it.

#15 15-11-09 19:34:10

kevg

Hi   After a good moan and telling the dealer what i thought of them, and reminded them that the Internet and DDT forum has a lot of input into what driving schools buy, and when the scrappage scheme finishes that there will be more cars than customers a quick phone call BINGO you can take delivery in two weeks better than next year.

Board footer