You are not logged in.

#1 04-03-04 13:37:22

minimodz
Verified Member

ADI Part 1 - the Hazard Perception test.....

Is is just me or does anyone else out there find the ADI Part 1 Hazard Perception test a little on the impossible side??!?!

If you've taken yours recently I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

Ta!

Matt :?

04-03-04 13:37:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Part 1 - the Hazard Perception test.....

#2 04-03-04 14:33:25

crazymaddriver

hi there,
I took my hazard perception test back in august and i found it quite easy i used the dsa roadsense dvd and driving sucess hazard perception cd rom the later i found most useful. have you passed yours?

#3 04-03-04 17:52:15

Liesa

Hi Matt

Make sure that you run through the training mode on the CD-Rom if you have one, you'll find it makes a lot more sense after that.

Basically what you need to do is click the mouse at any point that you'd  check your mirror, ease off the gas, break or at any time when you feel you need to take some kind of action as the driver of that vehicle.

Hope this helps

And by the way welcome aboard! smile

#4 29-03-04 10:55:20

minimodz
Verified Member

Thanks for all the advice....
got a re-take for the middle of April....

hopefully this will be the last time!   AAGGHH!!

:yawinkle:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 02-04-04 16:50:01

johnexley
Verified Member
Website

It is almost a year since I passed my part 1 test. On the HPT element the method I used was to double click when I saw a hazard. This then insures that you don't click too early as your 2nd click will still score 5 or 4 marks, if the first click was before the scoring window. Be sure not to click rythmically or you score zero for that clip.

I scored 63 marks using this method, but as you get no further feedback I don't know if using a single click would have made any difference.

Good Luck.

Regards, John.

John Exley
A,B,BE,B1,C,CE,C1E,D1,D1E,f,k,l,n,p,h
http://www.johnexley.co.uk
http://www.towing-training.co.uk

#6 16-04-04 18:32:24

minimodz
Verified Member

big_smile Finally passed!!!!

Part two here we come!

#7 16-04-04 20:17:58

Liesa

WELL DONE MATT!

ALL THE BEST FOR PART 2, AND IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW JUST ASK  wink

#8 19-04-04 10:20:53

Natalie

Well Done Matt   big_smile

I have got my Part 1 test on the 15 May so I am planning on getting my head down with the revision and HP part.  Did you find the theory ok?

Nats

#9 19-04-04 17:10:01

Liesa

Good luck on the 15th Nats.

Let us know how you get on.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 20-04-04 00:10:49

Gizmotime
Administrator

minimodz wrote:

big_smile Finally passed!!!!

Part two here we come!

Hi Sorry I'm a little late with this but Congratulations,and best of luck with part two.

Regards Giz

#11 20-04-04 11:35:06

Natalie

Thanks Liesa.  I will keep you all posted.

#12 20-04-04 21:36:19

churchy

Good luck for your test Nats,  got mine on the 29th April.   :?

Do you use Leeds college for your training?

#13 21-04-04 07:12:51

Liesa

Good Luck Churchy

Keep us informed!

#14 21-04-04 08:40:47

churchy

Thanks, i'll let you all know next Thursday.

#15 21-04-04 10:19:13

Natalie

Hi Churchy

I am with the Instructor College in Leeds.  What about you?

Nats

#16 21-04-04 10:46:41

churchy

I enrolled with Peterborough but did an intensive course in Sheffield the other week, it was great fun and i learned so much,  just couldn't prepare anyone for this HPT though, i'm really not looking forward to it.

#17 21-04-04 11:40:36

Natalie

I seem to do ok with it on the CD roms and DVD's I have but I am unsure as to what it will be like when i get there.  I am more worried about the questions.   I am revising like mad and am hoping it all goes in ok.

Good luck and keep me posted.  My friend is also taking her's on the 29th she is worried and excited all in one.  I know exactly how she feels.

Nats

#18 26-04-04 23:51:51

jgarbutt
Verified Member
Website

John seems to have the right answer - clicking twice.

Most experienced drivers see the 'developing hazard' too early and hence click before the program is expecting it, as a result these early clicks are not recorded and you can fail.

The method that worked for me was to click, pause for a second then click again. I can't remember my score but it worked when I used this method.

Whatever you do, don't keep clicking all the time - the program can identify cheats (if not experienced motorists)!

Regards,

Jason

Jason Garbutt
DSA Approved Driving Instructor
GDlogom.gif
[color=blue]      Driving lessons throughout Sussex
Tel. 01403 251662 - www.GreatDriver.co.uk

#19 27-04-04 00:04:11

jonks

Doesn't seem right though does it.

If the computer prog cant register those who are REALLY aware (therefore the better drivers) then there shouldn't be a hazard test.

I wonder how many Learners fail their hazard test for the same reason

#20 27-04-04 05:49:21

Badger

If the HPT is related to the actual driving situation it tends to work better.

For my trainees I classify each hazard into Potential Hazard, Passive Hazard and Active hazard.

Driving along a major road approaching an empty junction on left - Pot. hazard - Check mirrors or click mouse. If hazard remains empty NFA

Car approaches on left - now Passive hazard - ease off gas or click mouse.  If car stops and gives way NFA.

Car pulls out as you apprach - Active hazard - brakes and avoiding action or click mouse.

Click on every Potential hazard and click as it develops.  Generally there are around 9 clicks per video clip.

So far only one of my pupils has failed the HPT and she took it without telling me and before I had a chance to explain this method to her.

Badger

#21 27-04-04 11:20:37

Gizmotime
Administrator

Badger
Thanks I will try that method on my CD,I am really struggling with this HPT :oops: Put me on the open road and I'm fine No probs,but get me on the computer and I go to pot,and I don't mind admitting it either. sad

Thanks Giz.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#22 27-04-04 14:49:17

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Gizmotime wrote:

Badger
Thanks I will try that method on my CD,I am really struggling with this HPT :oops: Put me on the open road and I'm fine No probs,but get me on the computer and I go to pot,and I don't mind admitting it either. sad

Thanks Giz.

New technology old user ?  smile

#23 27-04-04 15:29:46

Gizmotime
Administrator

rusty wrote:
Gizmotime wrote:

Badger

Thanks Giz.

New technology old user ?  smile

rusty

Dear BOY  smile  I did say I didn't mind admitting it 8) but please less of the OLD wink

#24 27-04-04 16:45:45

adi
Verified Member
Website

Why was HPT ever introduced anyway? Surely that's what the driving test is for isn't it? To check someone can control a car and respond to hazards on the road?

#25 27-04-04 17:50:57

Liesa

I think they need to rethink the HPT altogether, the drivers that have the most trouble with it, are the most experienced ones!

I've also found that the less aware my pupils are, the more likely they are to get a high score :?

The ones that are very aware, tend to be the ones that have the biggest problem with the test!

And guess what? we take the same test as the learners, just have a higher pass mark.

Is it any wonder PDIs have problems passing it?

So don't worry if your finding it hard Giz your not alone wink

Board footer