You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-11-09 09:57:40

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

VW Golf 6 (2009)

I have owned my Mk6 Golf since 25th July 09.
I had to wait 5 weeks for duals as none had been passed off by Vw with He-Man (VW warranty!).

I have now covered 5,000 miles in it, and its been a big hit with pupils, and myself, and a very good car to teach & learn in.
It has good visibilty for manouvres, and also very easy to drive.
I have the 1.4 16v petrol S model.
It is very well equipped for a basic model, and cost £14,500 with the duals, although i got £3250 scrappage allowance for my wifes Old Fiesta.

I would highly recommend this car to anyone considering one or considering a change.
It also doubles up well as family car, although my ex Learner car (Grande Punto) also good for that!

08-11-09 09:57:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: VW Golf 6 (2009)

#2 08-11-09 18:36:18

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

I have had mine since April and very very happy with it, love training in it,love driving it even more!

#3 09-11-09 14:35:35

hector
Verified Member
Website

Ditto
Best car I have owned by a country mile (Ordinary class!) You get what you pay for, and quality will never go out of style. 2.0 TDI is a real gem, super quick and economical too. As usual gearbox is in a different league to ordinary cars. 6 speed is superb.
As mentioned above while others make windows smaller and smaller ,the golf and new polo have excellent vision.

Dont believe the idiot motoring juornalists, when they say boring they mean quality!

1.4 TSI even better if you can get one.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#4 09-11-09 21:11:33

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Nigel,

I'm beginning to think your on commission from VW.....

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#5 09-11-09 21:18:47

hector
Verified Member
Website

Phil
if you hadnt gone mad and started buying cars for others (japenese things at that) you could be joining the mark 6 club  big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#6 09-11-09 21:29:28

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Gimi a chance to save up and I will be!

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#7 09-11-09 21:50:41

hector
Verified Member
Website

Mk 5 duals fit just fine by the way  big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#8 09-11-09 22:50:56

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

I think James has opted for mk 5 1.9 nige, He  couldnt get insurance for GT sport  sad

#9 10-11-09 08:13:45

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi Hector,
Just a bit of info for you, which is the reason why mine was delayed by 5 weeks:

VW had to approve the Duals that He-man made for the Mark6 as there was an issue with the Knee airbag and the retaining spring clip. He-man had to change the first set they had made as VW werent happy with it, as it interfered with the Airbag. VW were not happy with the Mk5 duals in the Mk6 for the same reason.
It all goes down to warranty, and i was told i could have a Mk5 set fitted but the cable would eventually chafe the airbag meachanism causing it to possibly activate the Airbag or prevent it from working correctly. This would then void the manufacturers warranty. As i didnt want a void warranty i waited for the Mk6 set, so i was the first to have the new Mk6 duals from He-Man.

Nigel Chadwick fitted them for me straight away and he told me they were completely different to the Mk5 set and a lot harder to fit because of the air bag. It took him a bit longer to fit as his drills etc couldnt get to the places as easily as they did in mk5.

I am only passing this info on to you just to make you aware about the warranty issues. This is what i was told by He-Man guy in Southampton.

#10 10-11-09 08:23:06

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Robbie

Void the manufactures warranty?? He man come out with all sorts of rubbish to line their pockets! Just de activate the knee airbag. Cables dont affect it if slightly modified where the clips fit.

I wouldnt believe anything He man said, they told me polo duals wouldnt fit a fabia, as its a different car! No he man same car! They told me duals from a golf wouldnt fit a golf plus, all rubbish to get me to buy more duals, they turn fitting a simple device into rocket science!

He man duals will fit pretty much anything passenger side, but they insist on selling new sets when a small modification is all thats required on the drivers side.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#11 19-02-10 21:21:53

adi
Verified Member
Website

1.6 Tdi SE
Very quiet, smooth gear changes, plenty of torque, rock solid suspension and yet you can drive over virtually any speed hump without even noticing it.
Loads of room all round but it could do with more leg room on front passenger side (5 door)(hardly a concern!).
Visiblity is no problem and with fully adjustable seat height on both front seats it's suitable for all.
Plenty of steering lock, will turn a much tighter turning circle than Corsa D.
With auto headlights, wipers, heating and ventilation life is made easier on those dark wet days.
Footwells always illuminated, and there are some little infra-red type lights in the roof console to help you see what the pupil is doing in the dark without affecting vision.
The computerised dash display will even indicate what gear the car is in and prompt when to change up and down. It just doesn't get any easier for someone learning to drive!!
With the Corsa D cdti would need to fill up at about 380 miles whereas i can cover at least 500 miles before needing to refill help saving time. If i struggle to think of any bad points it can only be the 'lane change flash' which i find aggravating but i am sure the dealer will be able to switch that off when it goes in for service.
very happy A+

#12 20-02-10 18:34:12

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Yes but mines quieter, lol, YOur words!!!
and i managed to stall yours, and you didnt stall mine!!!
How much leg room do you need?
ive got loads in mine, or is it because mines a 3 door and front seat goes back further?
I banged my head when i got in mine this morning for some reason???? lol

#13 20-02-10 20:41:27

adi
Verified Member
Website

Yes, i think yours slide back further with 3 doors.
And for some reason, the Diesel will stall far easier than the petrol version! which will happily pull away in second easier than the diesel will in 1st??
You didn't really bang your head, it was that Chronicle reader creeping up on you with a bat smile

#14 20-02-10 21:06:40

hector
Verified Member
Website

Modern VW diesels are difficult to drive, and easy to stall. Thats why they are so good. A learner who can drive a Corsa, cant really 'drive' at all.
Doing some ADI training last week in Corsa, doing junctions, went 4th to 4th, and into the junction it went without stalling at about 10 mph, horrible little heap of rubbish. How do you stall the damn things?

Golfs are just lovely, but mine is going- Being replaced by a polo, smaller and cheaper, and still V dub quality-

Golf depreciation? Mines lost about a grand in 12 months. 

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#15 21-02-10 06:37:37

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

we drove each others on Friday just to compare the petrol & diesel difference.
I stalled the diesel doing what i can do ok in my petrol.

Golfs are great, just wish i had bought one earlier.

And youre right Corsas are Crap

#16 20-03-10 07:02:37

ExAdiNigel

All pupils, so far, have enjoyed the Jetta.  I have the 1.9 diesel at the mo.  Seriously considering he 1.4 petrol next time and maybe go for LPG conversion - the boot is plenty big enough to take an extra tank.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer