You are not logged in.

#1 09-11-09 13:12:32

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Part 1 in 3 weeks time.

Hi all,
I'm busy studying for the part 1 and my test in in just over 3 weeks time.
I think I'm OK on the multiple choice questions, but I'm nervous about the hazard perception. I have a couple of CD's and I try to simulate a mock test by doing 100 multiple choice questions (2 learner mocks) and then a hpt of 14 clips. I know the learner multiple choice questions do not include the instructional questions from the data bank, but I'm learning those from the ADI data bank.
My worry about the hpt is that out of a possible 75 points, I'm getting scores ranging between high 50's and low 70's, but I get the rare close fail in the mid 50's. I understand that the ADI pass mark for the hpt is 57 (is this 57% or 57 marks?). I think I should be able to pass, but I'm not getting much margin for error.

Any tips that might help me with improving my margin of error?

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

09-11-09 13:12:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 1 in 3 weeks time.

#2 09-11-09 15:12:14

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Hi

I had the same worries about the HPT. I invested in the Focus All Test DVD ROM (Got the Deluxe version off Amazon for about £8). What I liked about this was you can set yourself up as a PDI so when you are doing the theory mock tests you get the full range of questions for the Part 1 PDI test. Also when you do a mock HPT you can  review all 14 clips, and what I noticed that on many of my first clicks that it was just before the scoring window had opened. What I found about the Part 1 test is the clips seem to run at a slower speed,and that the image on the screen is also very good, so I found it easier to spot anything changing.

It is 57 as a score from a possibly 75,

John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 18-11-09 09:00:46

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

What I liked about this was you can set yourself up as a PDI so when you are doing the theory mock tests you get the full range of questions for the Part 1 PDI test.

Hi John,
I have another question about the Focus All Tests 2009-2010.

So far I have done 5 mock tests and I'm averaging 94/100 for multiple choice and 64.5/75 for HPT's.

My question is..... On the multiple choice questions, they are all straight questions which only need one answer. I've done other mock tests on different CD's that may ask you to chose 2 or 3 answers from a list of multiple choices. Also, it does not give me any case study questions. I thought this was meant to be in the test also.

I have set myself up for ADI UK tests. There was one option for a PDI test, should I have ckicked that instead?

Have I done something wrong and does the real part 1 test have case studies in it and do some of the questions need multiple answers?

#4 18-11-09 12:52:23

Dave G

Hi Tregster

When I did my Part1 (last week) there was only one answer for the mulitple choice questions, no case studies. I know what you mean about some CD's asking for 3 or 4 answers. I believe there is a drop down box on most CD's where you set yourself up for ADI questions or it may be PDI. This should cover all four bands in 100 questions for your mock tests. Regarding HPT you already know my thoughts. Its all about getting the clicks right, which is sad to say. The focus CD was the best I found as I could review the clips where I scored 1,2 or 0. It sometimes helps to review scores of 5 just to see what you did right.

Good luck with Part 1.

Regards
Dave

Part 1- 100%/57%
Part2- 1 Minor
Part3-5-4
Check Test -Grade6
C&Guilds 7307 Teaching in Adult & Further Education
DipNEBSM

#5 18-11-09 14:02:46

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Dave.... I was lead to believe there were case studies as well, but glad to here the Focus DVD is and accurate mock exam.
I too review the clips afterwards and it is useful reviewing the high scores aswell as the low score to see where you are getting it right as well as where you get it wrong.

Thx for the response. glad I'm on the right track. smile

#6 18-11-09 15:40:48

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Hi Tregster

Yes all the questions seem to only have one answer. I know when I first started practising the theory, that some of the question would be looking for 2,3 or 4 answers, I think this might be the types of question learners do as part of their theory and HPT.
I can't remember what I set up as PDI or ADI, don't think it will matter as long as it gives you the correct questions and the correct pass mark for the HPT.
I  did not have case studies on my Part 1, again I thought this was just for learners as a different way of asking the questions.

Good luck for your Part 1, I found being able to review the clips was good, and like you say I also reviewed the clips I had scored high on.

John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

Board footer