You are not logged in.

#1 07-11-09 09:22:49

driverpete
Verified Member

Business banking

I need to move my business account and I'm wondering what recommendations any of you guys can offer. I want someone who will offer internet banking and will do all the legwork involved with transferring direct debits/standing orders to the new account, and it goes without saying, at minimum cost.

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

07-11-09 09:22:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Business banking

#2 07-11-09 10:32:29

FRANKS
Verified Member

Do you need a business account,

I run most of business through a private account.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 07-11-09 11:19:10

confused
Verified Member
Website

Me too, internet & phone banking, standing orders & driect debits, plus less charges for things. makes more sense.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#4 07-11-09 17:54:26

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

I used to use a second personal account for all my business expenses, that way everything was kept separate and I didn't have to pay any bank charges.  I've recently switched to Abbey who offer free business banking.  The only real difference is I now have an account with 'Freedom SOM' on it, rather than just my name, and it looks much more professional.  Tho I do have a number for a business banking adviser at my local branch if I should ever need it.

To be honest, if your working indi there isn't much need for a business bank account, just open a second personal account with whoever your banking with now and save all the business banking charges.  If your operating a driving school then having an account with your school name on it looks professional.... but lets be honest, it's not totally necessary.

I think most instructors get paid in cash anyways, so there isn't a massive need for a business bank account.  My accountant advised me to have a separate account for business things, just to keep the tax man happy and make things easier.

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#5 07-11-09 18:12:42

Dux
Verified Member
Website

I've got a business account with Alliance and Leicester, been with then since the start, no charges, no problems.

Part 1 Passed April 07

Part 2 Passed June 07 3 Minors

Part 3 Delayed Success 05/12/07    3-3

Part 3 Passed 20/02/08      5-5

Diamond Advanced Driver 03/06/08

www.polepositiondrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 07-11-09 18:24:58

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

I've got a business account with Alliance and Leicester, been with then since the start, no charges, no problems.

Same here - but they do charge if you don't pay in any money for a month or if you pay in more than a certain amount of cash in a month.

The charges aren't much though. Forgot to pay money in a couple of months ago and I think they charged a fiver.

Other than that, they're very good. You can pay in money at any post office and they offer online & phone banking too.

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 07-11-09 21:08:25

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

When Bradford & Bingley made it clear they didn't want my cash deposits, I moved to then, Girobank. Now they're Allliance & Leicester: to date not looked elsewhere.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#8 07-11-09 23:28:54

oddies
Verified Member

I have a business account for direct debits, so a record of those payments are kept for my Accountant - my wife.

I pay my cash and cheques into our private account via the bank, and use internet banking to transfer various amounts into my business account. Easy Peasy!

#9 08-11-09 20:53:53

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

I've got an extra personal account and use internet banking  to transfer 'wages' into my joint account. It's worked well for several years.

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

Board footer