You are not logged in.

#1 02-11-09 21:27:33

julieb

Failed 1st attempt at part3 -18/8/09 but passed 2nd attempt 0n 26/10/09

HI everyone,
Just a quick post to say failed my 1st attempt at part 3 - pst 3 - turn in the road and approaching junctions left and right got a 4 and a 2!!!! Attitude to pupil 5. Looking back i was not ready and had a lot going on at the time. I failed on over instructing on phase 2. The examiner was very fair tho and I can accept that it was me that was at fault. I was so nervous that I was not making sense! I didn't even understand what I was on about. Faults for turn in the rd - wrong gear, dry steering not doing effective obs etc, also she hit the kerb twice and i thought i had failed but got a 4 for phase 1. Faults for phase 2 - right corner cuts, too confident/quick at crossing the path of on coming traffic and not looking in the rd she was turning in to, using just the clutch and gears to slow down with out the brakes etc. 

Attempt 2.....

I got pst 6 - pedestrian crossings and the use of signals and phase 2 was the reverse park. I got a 4 and a 5 this time!!!! Attitude to pupil 6 this time. Woohoo!!!! Again same examiner and very fair. Again I was very nervous and this was not my strongest pst but i enjoyed this test. Faults for phase 1 were - late and misleading signals, incorrect arm signals and not clearly putting her arm out so as for other rd users to see what she was doing, leaving her arm out when trying to steer etc. Faults for phase 2 - again dry steering, not doing effective obs, trying to use right door mirror when moving forward to finish parking exercise etc....

What I have learned: on my 1st test I thought I had failed phase 1, which therefore I just didn't put as much effort in to phase 2. So even if you think your not doing well carry on doing your best cos thats what i did in my 2nd attempt.  Also I know it sounds easier said than done but try to relax and enjoy teaching the examiner - they are your pupil and they are not there to be sneaky or trick you. And above all believe in your self. Tell yourself you can succeed and you will.  I hope this helps any body thats got there part 3 coming up soon and best of luck!!!!   

02-11-09 21:27:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed 1st attempt at part3 -18/8/09 but passed 2nd attempt 0n 26/10/09

#2 03-11-09 21:58:32

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

Well done Julie....Brilliant news.

M

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08
Part 3. Failed 1st attempt 17/3/09
Part 3. 2nd attempt Passed 01/05/09
1st Check Test Grade 6 31/3/10

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 03-11-09 22:53:50

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Congratulations  big_smile

Good luck for the future!

#4 16-11-09 21:15:17

Mars
Verified Member
Website

Well done Julie, brilliant advice above

smile

#5 17-11-09 18:44:50

julieb

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!!!!

#6 17-11-09 20:24:17

Lucky245
Verified Member

Congratulations on passing, now the fun begins  wink

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

Board footer