You are not logged in.

#1 30-10-09 22:09:48

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Passed Part 1 Today

Hi

Eventually bit the bullet today and sat my Part1 and passed , I had been concerned how I would fair with the HPT. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised how user friendly the HPT was and how clear the clips were , it made spotting developing hazards a lot clearer.

John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

30-10-09 22:09:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Part 1 Today

#2 01-11-09 17:32:07

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

Well done John, best of luck for part 2.

Keep us informed.

M

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08
Part 3. Failed 1st attempt 17/3/09
Part 3. 2nd attempt Passed 01/05/09
1st Check Test Grade 6 31/3/10

#3 03-11-09 10:17:06

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Well done,

I had my PDI registration number yesterday and booked my part 1 last night for Dec. 5th.
I've been going throught the ADI list of questions and various Test and HPT CD's on my laptop as well as reading the essential skills book. For the standard learner driver mock test I'm generally getting 49 or 50 out of 50. I SHOULD be OK. But, it's fear of the unknown, especially when the test costs £90.
Is there anything that helped you revise more efficiently. Any advice would be great.
smile

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#4 03-11-09 15:11:27

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Hi Tregster

What I did was read the H/C and Esssential Skills . I also went through the Theory ADi Question Bank book, covering the answers at the side. Any questions that I got wrong I marked it and then noted it in a notebook along with any other questions that were awkward (ie. Physcomotor, Cognitive etc) and then read them over again till I felt it was sinking in. I also got the Focus All Test DVD ROM and did a lot of mock theory tests. A week before my Part1 I read through the question bank again, when I came across something I was unsure about what I tried to do was find the topic in the DES or the H/C.

John

#5 03-11-09 15:55:58

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Woodyloon,
Did you find that the Theory ADi Question Bank was pretty much the exact questions as in the test?
Is the test weighted to the tuition section (I think that is the only section that wouldn't be in a standard learner driver test).

By the way... Physcomotor and Cognitive got me the first time.

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#6 03-11-09 17:42:16

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Yes that seems to cover all of the questions, it is a pretty good mix of the questions within the 4 bands.

John

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 09-11-09 20:26:13

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Eventually bit the bullet today and sat my Part1 and passed , I had been concerned how I would fair with the HPT. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised how user friendly the HPT was and how clear the clips were , it made spotting developing hazards a lot clearer.

John

Congratulations John.  Good luck with the part 2!

Cheers

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

Board footer