You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#51 24-06-09 21:20:50

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Re: New shape Fiesta

How is your A/C in the recent warm days?

My Style+ from Robinsons is far less efficient than the previous model.

Keith

24-06-09 21:20:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#52 25-06-09 07:44:45

Madhatter
Verified Member

Kieth, Mine's rubbish!

About 10 years ago, my friend had a hire car from work, citroen xantia, with air con. It blew so cold that we could form ice on the inside of the windscreen!

I'm really pleased with my Fiesta but the blower is really loud and needs to be switched up to gale force 10 to actually circulate any air. When you factor in the noise of the radiator fan the whole thing sounds more like a Harrier Jumpjet!

Heated front screen was brilliant in the winter though.

Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

#53 25-06-09 13:22:46

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for your reply, it's reassuring to know it is not just my view. The previous model Fiesta's A/C was much better so I was wondering if the placement of the cable dual controls had in some way altered the vents?

Keith

#54 28-10-09 19:47:34

Loony
Verified Member

Just got mine back after 2 days in dock.
For a failed drive belt tensioner. Any one else had trouble? 1.6 tdci Titanium.

Also just reordered the new one for January and Robinsons said I have had the last 1.6 tdci Titanium 5dr as they dont think that they will be doing them due to the spare wheel not the right size. I have no problems with the spare wheel as I purchased an alloy spare which fits perfectly in the wheel well in the boot.

The older I get ..................... The better I was!

#55 01-11-09 15:07:35

confused
Verified Member
Website

Spoken to 3 other ADIs, all of whom have an issue with the braking as I did when I first had mine.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#56 01-11-09 17:39:47

Disky
Verified Member
Website

well i love mones to bits, but in 10 months this is the 3rd headlight bulb it's gone thru. Was going to ask Robbies how much to buy it,, but,,,,, can i afford to keep replacing the bulbs ??

Could it be because they are set to auto all the time ?

ray

#57 02-11-09 08:00:00

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I've had mine almost a year. It's had 1 scheduled service, when it also allegedly had a washer bottle replacement (I'd reported a leak) and a headlight bulb replaced. (All bulbs were operating correctly when I did my vehicle checks before driving the 3/4 of mile to the service centre).Other than a tyre due to tyre wall damage on a test, no other issues with the car.

It's a 1.6 Titanium, Robinsons quoted me about £13.5k to buy, or £50pm discount if I extend contract for 7 months.

They are no longer offering the Titanium for lease, due to 4 price rises in the last year.

#58 03-11-09 19:09:27

Loony
Verified Member

You can get a new Titanium 1.6 TDCi for £12,469 here http://www.new-car-discount.com/cardetail/40980

The older I get ..................... The better I was!

#59 06-11-09 08:29:09

confused
Verified Member
Website

I've had a brake light & a reverse light buld go, that's it.

Apart from the serious fuel leak that had me off road for 4 days.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#60 06-11-09 08:43:44

hector
Verified Member
Website

Why not get a proper German enginered car  big_smile big_smile

Not just built in germany, one designed and built by Germans! In fact a Volkswagen......... The lesser makes will always have problems  lol

last 5 golfs, not even a bulb gone, you service em you drive em you service em you drive em.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#61 07-12-09 18:52:57

keja33
Verified Member

Thinking of getting one in the new year, i use magnetic L plates, where would i stick them then, clean answers only please   big_smile big_smile

#62 28-04-10 09:59:45

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Just bought Edge 1.25, totally love, personally cant see reason for going up to the Zetec or even Titanium for all the extra cost.
As long as it got A/C thats all that really matters.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#63 04-05-10 04:35:25

nay7272

I don't like the look of them. Have never driven one and to be honest don't think I would

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#64 11-10-10 20:12:47

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I went for the Titanium as I got rid of my personal car so went for something more fancy smile.  Just have to keep an eye on those kerbs! (16" alloys - alot of wheel not alot of tyre!!!)  :police:

Hi Carlo, I have ordered a 1.4 zetec with bluetooth, had the option of 15" or 16" alloys, went for 16" and now thinking again, salesman said on phone tonight, if i dont like the "ride feel" of the tyres I can have them changed with 15" alloys from one of the showroom cars.

Carlo (or others) what are your thoughts on the 16" alloys?

AL

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#65 13-10-10 21:41:16

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

bump! any thoughts?

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer