You are not logged in.

#1 13-10-09 15:08:34

john game

PDI new to the job

Hi I'm John
And I am a new PDI working in the Loughton Essex area the driving school I am with is also new to this area so it is a bit of ground breaking for me to get started. I have a class one licence and have been driving for longer then I can remember if there is anyone in my area then I would like to hear from them to exchange views.
Thanks
Still learning
John   

13-10-09 15:08:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PDI new to the job

#2 22-10-09 12:07:08

Dave G

Hi John

I am also still learning, in fact learning lol. Im not from your area but would be interested in your progress. I am just registering with DSA and will then start the testing process. Where are you up to? My background is I used to be a defensive Driving Instructor with the Military and I now run my own training company (Lecturing in Law). I have now made the bold move to become a Driving Instructor as it really is a passion for me after my Military experience.

Good luck with the learning.

Take care
Dave

Part 1- 100%/57%
Part2- 1 Minor
Part3-5-4
Check Test -Grade6
C&Guilds 7307 Teaching in Adult & Further Education
DipNEBSM

#3 22-10-09 13:56:33

john game

Hi Dave

Good to hear from you: I am making progress and hope I am doing right by my pupils but I must admit there have been some hairy moments.
I am still with the instructor college at present and going to the last part of my twenty hours: I have changed schools and now I am with new driver and the support and teaching is unbelievable I want to go onto fleet training and all of this is free so I am very happy on this point. The part three is the next big point so after booking my test it is all systems go, my whole background is transport (HGV) and my last role was looking after about one hundred motors with regard to service mot and insurance. You have made a bold move from running your own company but it would seem from your military background in defensive driving that it would be the next step. I will keep in touch and let you know how the part three is going, thanks for the reply.
Many thanks
John         

Board footer