You are not logged in.

#1 16-10-09 19:02:27

Vhasler

Passed part 3 first attempt

Wow where to start.... My first attempt was booked for the 20th august but got cancelled the day before due to examiner absence. I literally felt sick when I had to wait 2 months for my next attempt especially since my licence ran out the week after. I managed to get a 2nd licence and used the two months to swat up!!! When I arrived for my 8.45 test there was no where to park so I circled the block twice but no one was moving. I parked up at the top of the road and got out the car for a breather only to see all the men in yellow coats coming out for the l tests. I got my breath and at 8.35 got in the car and parked up. I was sat in the waiting roo
for about 5 minutes when the se came out. He asked me to sign the paper and as I glanced down I got crossroads and pedestrian crossings/signals. He asked me to get in the passenger side and he'd join me in a minute. I composed myself and realised there was a crossroad right at the end of the road.
He got in and I did a brief didn't even look at the clock but as we got on the move there was a big bin truck blocking the road. We had to wait and I realized I hadn't mentioned right to right turns on the brief so quickly mentioned it while we were sat there. He asked me to turn right so I confirmed what we just said by asking who would have priority if another car was turning right. He gave me correct answer. He then came out in third gear and stalled - quick start of engine few deep breaths and onto next crossroad. Noticed he was in third gear again so got him to pull over- wwh'd him and he did it ok on next one. Kept asking at t-junctions if it was a crossroad who would have prority. Next crossroad caught him coasting. Pulled over gained understanding and made sure he didn't do it on the next one. Came down main road and he didn't check his mirror then cut right infront of a car. Pulled him and gained understanding that was the end of phase one!!!!

5/7/08 passed adi part 1 - 100/60 (1st attempt)
3/11/08 passed adi part 2 - 2 minors (1st attempt)
15/10/09 passed adi part 3 - 4/4 (first attempt)

16-10-09 19:02:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed part 3 first attempt

#2 16-10-09 19:14:14

Vhasler

Phase two began and I asked a few recap questions he said he'd been having lessons for two years but had to revisit pedestrian crossings. Got on move asked loads of questions re zig zag lines, beckoning pedestrians. Was asking everything I could think of. He did the left hand signal wrong so I corrected that. He mixed up pelican and puffin. Can't actually remember pulling him over for anything just discussed things on the move. He went through a zebra without stopping for someone and did loads of wrong signals on the move. He was flashing at people but corrected them on move. I realized we were heading back to test centre and didn't have a clue how I'd done. Told him he'd been a pleasure to teach as he didn't really seem to make serious errors but then I had been firing out the questions!
When we got back to test centre he asked me to wait in the waiting room then called me in to get my results. When he shook my hand and said congratulations my first thought was I've passed but then had a second thought that there may be a but.... But there wasn't ... Apparently I had missed his position a few times on crossroads and gave a few vague answers on part two but other than that he said it deserved a pass!!!! I still can't believe it yet I'm well buzzing!!!! JUST BELIEVE IN Urself and treat it like a lesson!!! Good luck to anyone about to take theirs.... Stay calm x

#3 16-10-09 21:02:47

ceecee
Verified Member

Congratulations on your pass. Welcome to the green badge brigade, and enjoy your new career  big_smile big_smile

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

#4 16-10-09 21:07:48

Vhasler

Thanku x

#5 17-10-09 11:12:03

quickpass

Congratulations, thanks for the write up. Which test centre did you go to?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 17-10-09 11:45:51

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Well done Vhasler, welcome to the club!  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

#7 17-10-09 14:19:43

Vhasler

Thanks guys. I went to sale x

#8 19-10-09 15:22:55

benji

Nice one well done

#9 27-10-09 14:13:38

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratulations  big_smile big_smile big_smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Board footer