You are not logged in.

#1 10-10-09 14:22:37

ceecee
Verified Member

Part 3 write up

Hi guys,

as promised here is my write up for Wednesday 7th October 2009 at 10.30am. I had previously failed my second attempt only the week before with a 4/3 (due to retrospective instruction), PST 5.
I didn't feel any pressure whatsoever with this being my third attempt as I thought to myself if I pass then great, but if I don't then not to worry because as soon as my part 1 runs out I will put in for the tests again because I had come too far and spent a lot of money to just give up.
I got to the test centre 10 minutes before and waited patiently for the examiner to come out and I was the only PDI there so I knew whoever was coming out the door was for me. Anyway the examiner came out and it was the same one as the week before so I felt relaxed. I signed the form and noticed I had got PST 7.

So I lead the way to the car and the a couple of minutes later joins me and gives me the word picture that he had 2 lessons before and today I would be teaching him approaching junctions to turn left and right.

Into role I do all the introductions, Q & A him on his previous experience (he says he has done a couple of emerging at junctions). give him the aims and objectives, get him to do his cockpit drill and to talk me through it as he did it and he got everything correct. Then I did an 8 minute brief on approaching junctions and we were on the move thereafter. I talked him through the first left turn and when it came to the steering he was shuffling the wheel, so I WWH'd him on that, then we came to an emerging situation and I watched him as he said he'd done a couple before and his steering was fine as opposed to that of the approaching. Then we had a go at another left turn and he went wide as we approached the junction

I again WWH’d him on that and on the third attempt he managed everything fine. I then watched him as he did it and Q & A’d him on each step of the MSPSL routine and it worked wonders. So we then have a couple of goes at the right turn and on the first one he cut the corner, so I got him to pull up and discussed with him about the reference point and he agreed (and at my disposal I had a real situation to mention to him where previously someone else had cut the corner). So we tried again and I was proactive by reminding him about the reference point and it worked. That was the end of phase 1.

On to phase 2 Pedestrian crossings and the use of signals. He was a pupil who had a test coming up in a couple of weeks and his instructor was away so needed me to help him brush up on these subjects. After the usual protocols we got on the move.
The first thing he wanted to do was to have a go at arm signals, so he showed what arm signal was for doing what but he got the one for turning left the wrong way round so I demonstrated it myself and he said OK.
I Q & A’d him on whether he thought he needed to signal and he said yes and put the signal on so I got him to cancel it and asked him what the rule was about signalling and he said if there was no one to benefit then you don't need to signal, so I praised him on his knowledge and reminded him that for next time. On the move he did the arm signal for turning left and I spotted it straight away that he took both hands off the wheel, so I asked him what he should have done and he said have both hands on the wheel unless operating a control or changing gear, so he returned both hands to the wheel. Other signalling faults were signalling too early(side road on the right), signalling too late at a roundabout and signalling passed parked vehicles. All of these faults were discussed and dealt with on the move. The main faults he made for pedestrian crossings was that he approached them too fast and I Q & A’d him on the dangers of approaching too fast and not checking mirrors on the approach to a crossing, with which also got Q & A action. That was the end of phase 2.

After I go to the test centre the examiner came after 10 minutes and said how did you feel that went and I said a lot better than last week and he said he agreed and that it was worthy of a pass, 4/4. In phase 1 I apparently missed a mirror check in his general drive. In phase 2 he said he would have liked it if I asked him where else he was looking apart from mirrors. That is about all I can remember from debrief as I am still too excited and can't believe I have done it.!!

Sorry if this write up is too long. I hope it makes sense for other PDIs out there and helps them with their part 3 attempt they have coming up, just like other write ups have helped me. Good luck to all PDIs out there, if I can do it so can you

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

10-10-09 14:22:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 write up

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-10-09 14:35:47

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Great write up and well done again ceecee  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

#3 11-10-09 10:44:06

mani
Verified Member

Good write up, all the best in your new career.

#4 11-10-09 18:27:33

benji

Well done good luck with new career

#5 11-10-09 18:50:29

Mars
Verified Member
Website

Good write up, will recommend my PDIs to read it.....well done and good luck to you.

#6 14-10-09 20:25:35

Vhasler

Well done. Here's hoping I will be joining in with the celebrating after tomorow!!!!

5/7/08 passed adi part 1 - 100/60 (1st attempt)
3/11/08 passed adi part 2 - 2 minors (1st attempt)
15/10/09 passed adi part 3 - 4/4 (first attempt)

#7 15-10-09 14:07:17

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Well done, Congratulations adi.  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#8 15-10-09 14:20:38

jay666
Website

Well done again and good luck with your part 3 Vhasler smile

#9 15-10-09 15:12:20

Vhasler

Thanku I passed first attempt today!!!! Where do u go to do the write up. Viv x

5/7/08 passed adi part 1 - 100/60 (1st attempt)
3/11/08 passed adi part 2 - 2 minors (1st attempt)
15/10/09 passed adi part 3 - 4/4 (first attempt)

#10 15-10-09 20:43:05

mon
Verified Member
Website

good write up,best of luck in your new career
mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Board footer