You are not logged in.

#1 02-10-09 19:26:50

pat19799

Funding

Hi all,

I've been doing some research into the best way to start yourself on a pink licence, and was wondering if some of you could share your experiences in terms of maybe getting finance to help you lease or buy a vehicle, insurance, fuel and being able to get pupils and how you decided on which road you went down.

One thing that is bugging me is that how can you not fall in to debt when starting on a pink licence.

Any Replies will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Pat

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

02-10-09 19:26:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Funding

#2 02-10-09 20:47:11

Johnstone
Verified Member

Debt is something that you will find hard to avoid when starting up in any business, as far as I am aware there is no funding available unless you have any wealthy relatives.

#3 02-10-09 21:00:50

pat19799

So maybe a well managed Credit Card for your marketing expenses and any other out goings you may need?

Ive always avoided credit cards so not sure what to do????

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 03-10-09 13:22:45

Disky
Verified Member
Website

hi Pat,

I don't want to sound negative, but a pink badge is not a job. it is mearly an extention of training in order to "practice" in a live environment, hence you will not find anywhere that will "fund" someone going on a pink. The chance of passing is approx 28%, even Duncan Bannatyne would say "i'm out" on that percentage:)

As for once your dop have a pink licence, you CAN'T PROMOTE yourself, you can only promote the sponsor of your pink. Please look into this carefully, i know a few that didn't and have went to regret it and subsequently did not do the part 3.

#5 03-10-09 14:28:22

pat19799

Hi, I do understand what your saying but I'm trying to find the best way to finance getting a car and such like

regards

pat

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

#6 03-10-09 17:44:48

pat19799

Many Thanks for you answers everyone

Pat

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

#7 03-10-09 21:15:06

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Robinsons do a 7 month lease starting around the £60 a week mark i think,,, does your sponsor have a car you can lease of them ?  thats what i did,, but it cost me dearly lol,, looking back i would have leased my own car for £60 and not £120 a week,, thought i was getting a good deal as well sad

#8 03-10-09 21:45:13

pat19799

My sponsor doesn't I'm afraid, but I have been looking at leasing a car from robinsons as ther can include insurance for £15 on top which I thought was reasonable. I suppose I'm just a bit worried about getting into debt for the sake of a training tool.

Pat

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

Board footer