You are not logged in.

#1 25-07-09 21:21:33

joooools

trainee licensee asked to do 2 intensive courses

I started on my trainee licence 4 weeks ago and my sponsoring driving school TOLD me they'd lined up 2 intensive courses for me (just before he disappeared on holiday for 2 weeks). I was put on the spot but accepted them both. They both had tests booked at the end. I have only been a trainee for 4 weeks and the thought of doing these terrified me. When it came to the morning of the first one, I was so full of dread, I had to ring up the pupil and say I couldn't do it, and at that point, I was still going to try and do the other one. The second one was so far away from where I live that by the time I got to them (about 45 mins travelling), I decided that if I then drove them nearly all the way back to the town they'd booked their test in (1 hour back in traffic jams), their 24 hours of lessons booked would then be reduced to about 12 hours of actual lessons. I travelled to their area, but realised the task was totally unfeasible.
I don't understand how a responsible person would ask a new trainee to do this. I'd be interested in finding out what anyone thinks of my experience.

25-07-09 21:21:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: trainee licensee asked to do 2 intensive courses

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-07-09 22:24:31

Luchell
Verified Member

neutral Personally from my point of view YOU agreed to take the 2 pupils and their courses on even if it was on the spot you still agreed to do them. On the morning the first one is looking forwards to their course only to find you're decided right at the very very last minute you couldn't do it  neutral  Sorry but I fail to see what exactly you feel your Frachise is irreponsible for? The fact they gave you two pupils who if need be you could have declined to take them yet you took them on (Regardless of how on the spot it was, if you were really doubting you could do it you should have been clear in saying no thankyou) It wasn't your Franchise who let the pupil down at the last minute or them telling you to do so yourself.

Regardless of how far out an office may attempt to get you to do lessons, perhaps it would have been a good idea to work out how practical or impractical the pupils offered to you were before agreeing. I don't mean any of the above rudely I just cannot see what you think your franchise has done wrong?

#3 26-07-09 07:46:33

guess who
Verified Member

I think its wrong for your franchise to ask you to do this.
They have put you on the spot and should not have done it.

I also think they have treated the customer awfully.

#4 26-07-09 09:14:25

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Agree with Luchell,you took them on.
With only 24 hours booked,i would assume both had driven before and therefore it would have been great experience for you.
I am assuming that the company would not book 24 hours and a test for a complete beginner.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#5 26-07-09 09:14:26

Johnstone
Verified Member

I too am just starting off on my trainee licence, my sponsoring school is giving me one pupil to start with and adding to this as my confidence grows. I think in the long run this will be of great benefit to me as i don't want to get loads of pupils thrown at me when i myself am still learning, and i want to give value for money to my students.

Johnstone.

#6 26-07-09 10:35:22

TDW

I think we need to be realistic here, yes, I think it was somewhat wrong of you morally to disappoint the pupil but I also think it is highly irresponsible of the school to expect you to do an intensive course/s for pupils when you are just starting out.

I suggest you speak to them and tell them your situation they should understand and if they don't ask them how to deal with intensive courses. As someone above said, 24 hour course should mean that they are not complete novices and should have some experience to start with, not many people could pass a test after 24 hours because 24 hours driving does not cover a huge array of different situations.

Talk to them, it's your future.

Things fall to pieces so that other things can fall into place.

#7 11-08-09 16:21:33

walsh
Verified Member

Sounds like you we're both in the wrong. Your driving school is obviously a spud but you should've took the pupils if yuo'd agreed. YOU could always just be honest with them and tell them your a novice.

#8 27-09-09 18:54:57

Bashy

I myself am starting on the pink on 5th Oct and my trainer has lined up a little short 12 hour intensive with someone.
His test is the mon 26th. Picking the guy up the saturday, 4 hours. 4 hours again on the sundau and the rest on the test day.
I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully will also have a couple of pupils lessons before then too, but feel I am ready to teach, and let's be honest, that's what it's all about...if you don't feel ready to teach, then maybe you're not ready to go on the pink. Just my thoughts.

Board footer