You are not logged in.

#1 22-09-09 12:12:07

monkeymon138
Verified Member

Part Three Passed

Finally passed part three after 3 nerve racking attempts...

1st attempt - Turn in the Road/Approaching Junctions
Least said about this one the better, suffice to say I was so nervous I was a blob of jelly, forgot everyhting I was ever taught, couldn't explain anything I was trying to say and lost the ability to tell left from right!
Needless to say the SE exploited this to the full and make me look a complete idiot, and frankly I felt like one too!
Failed 3/3

2nd Attempt - T Junctions/Meet Cross etc.

Didn't feel too bad for this one but obviously the nerves were there as I got the SE moving after a recap but forgot the briefing! tried to recoup as much as I could but the SE rightly overwhelmed me with errors because of the lack of brief, didn't think I'd done too badly though and after a reasonably uneventful (but too quiet) Phase 2 I managed to at least pass one part but fail overall 3/4

3rd Attempt - Pedestrian Crossings and the use of Signals/Parallel Park
Pressure on!!!

Herbal Rescue Remedy for the nerves by the gallon before this one (seems to work actually  smile

To be honest my memory of this one seems really hazy, remembered to brief this time, set off and realised I'd left out checking mirror before braking and corrected that the first time the SE missed it out, watched his signalling like a hawk but missed once when he left it on   roll
Full instruction from the off but managed to get him to do things unprompted after a while, seemd to go ok really but because I didn't have a lot to correct him on I thought I must have missed loads!

Phase two went reasonably well, role was a nearly ready for test pupil but had left doing PP until last.
Gave him a full briefing and went into the manouvre, first time he hit the curb but I noticed he'd turned the wheel really slowly at the point of turn so corrected that and the 2nd attmpt was near perfect, SE said we'll move on to another car but then went straight to the test centre, test over!

Didn't know what to think really, was worried that I'd not done enough for Phase 1 but was confident Phase two had gone well (although I was worried that we only did two attempts)

Anyway, off he went to deliberate then back he came, debrief told me off for missing out mirror check at briefing but passed me 4/5!

Phew!

That was two weeks ago, got my green licence today so posted my AA franchise application off, nearly there!

ADI Part 1 passed 03/01/09
ADI Part 2 passed 10/02/09
ADI Part 3 passed 08/09/09

22-09-09 12:12:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part Three Passed

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 22-09-09 12:44:18

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Well Done  big_smile (nothing wrong with doing it 3rd time  wink)

All the best for the future  big_smile

#3 22-09-09 12:56:54

benji

Well done now the fun begins

#4 22-09-09 14:49:05

ceecee
Verified Member

Well done!! Good luck for the future  big_smile

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

#5 22-09-09 15:37:08

jay666
Website

Massive well done!! The hard work has paid off smile smile smile

#6 22-09-09 17:56:00

Lucky245
Verified Member

Congratulations, its doesn't matter how many attempts your there now and the real fun begins big_smile

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#7 22-09-09 19:08:30

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Well done! It took me 6 attempts!

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#8 23-09-09 07:48:38

monkeymon138
Verified Member

Thanks all..

Took my test in Nottingham Rob, well Watnall

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 23-09-09 21:36:49

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Took my test in Nottingham Rob, well Watnall

I live 5 mins from the Watnall LGV Centre but they weren't doing Part 3 there when I qualified, did my Part 2 there though. Wish they would use it as a full blown test centre. It's ideal (got bays and everything).

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#10 24-09-09 12:15:36

sam3000

Congrats - thats great news. Got mine coming up soon. Why did you pick AA? What other schools look good? Or is it better going alone?

#11 24-09-09 12:34:58

monkeymon138
Verified Member

Hi Sam, thanks, good luck with yours!

Good question, I trained with the AA and was very pleased with that, time will tell if it's the right decision but certainly intially until I know the business better it's seems to make sense to go with an established school, supports looks good and I've spoken with other AA instructors who seem happy with pupil supply etc.
Ultimately I'd like to go on my own, but too much of a leap into the unknown at first for me.

#12 29-09-09 09:42:17

sam3000

Hey monkey, sounds like the right decision. Out of the big nationals I'm not staying with Red - heard terrible things, BSM is too expensive, AA looks good but heard its quite crowded and the new one I know nothing about.

#13 29-09-09 15:52:57

benji

Sam what have you heard about red?

#14 30-09-09 13:19:50

sam3000

A lot of stuff, saw stuff on an anti-red driving school group on facebook and heard bad things - don't wanna go into and make bold claims because it could be wrong and I don't want to offend anyone. But personally I'm not comfortable with staying with them any longer than I have to.

#15 30-09-09 14:33:45

monkeymon138
Verified Member

For my tuppence worth (and what do I know?) the whole point about ADI training is not who you do it with but how much you put into it yourself! I'm sure every ADI training school will have good and bad trainers, and every driving school wil have good and bad instructors. Ultimately whether it be qualifying as an ADI or passing your driving test, a trainer/instructor can't spoon feed you through it or take the tests for you, it's down to you. I certainly don't think being unhappy with who you're training with can be anything but detrimental to your own chances of success.

Having said that, I do think RED make some outlandish claims and I've always been wary of slick advertising, I wouldn't have gone with them because of it.

Board footer