You are not logged in.

#1 10-09-09 19:30:13

nay7272

business bank account

Hi all do I need a business bank account if so which bank is best? I have been to two different banks and they wasn't really interested

10-09-09 19:30:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: business bank account

#2 10-09-09 20:08:34

FRANKS
Verified Member

I don't use a business bank acount, why pay bank charges.

I think ABBEY have quite a good one, but things might of changed sinnce the redit crunch

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#3 10-09-09 20:20:22

colin166
Verified Member

Allience and Leicester Commercial is not bad, you get free banking (subject to a monthly limit of cash you can pay in over the counter), cheque book and visa debit card.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 10-09-09 21:51:23

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I don't use one, just run it all through normal account and keep very detailed records for tax returns. I find that simpler personally.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#5 11-09-09 08:03:08

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

I have a 2nd current account with my regular bank.  That way everything can be kept separate and I dont have to pay business bank account fees ;-)

.phil.

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#6 11-09-09 08:48:51

KevB
Verified Member
Website

One benifit of a business account has historically been the ability to gain additional funding through overdraft or loan access.
However, in the current financial climate, those benifits have all but dried up completely.

I can see no benfit whatsover for any business trading under £200k a year to have a business account, other than a multi owner/manager business.

Most driving schools wouldn't benifit from a business account at all, in the current financial climate, and probably not for the short to medium term.

#7 11-09-09 17:12:04

ECPC
Verified Member
Website

I opened one this month just to keep all the Business monies separate. I'm planning long term for "Funding" in the next couple of years.
I opened it with Lloyds Tsb as they hold my personal accounts AND they are offering 18 months free of all charges.

#8 12-09-09 14:55:45

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Abbey business account is free for life, you only get charged if you pay in lots of cash.

But us driving instructors don't earn lots of cash.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 19-09-09 19:56:18

kaf
Verified Member
Website

I have a 2nd current account with my regular bank.  That way everything can be kept separate and I dont have to pay business bank account fees ;-)

.phil.

+1

#10 02-10-09 21:36:24

Russ
Verified Member
Website

I have a lloyds business account, just starting to pay monthy 18 months grace. costing me about £22 a month.

It was  a needs must situation, 2yrs ago as we were mving house, and to obtain a bigger  mortgage (just before market crashed) i could not get a mortgage from anyone as i was just using a std current account, the car loans etc wiped out any difference.

so as i banke dith lloyds opened up, moved what was what to account, this then enables me to make any borrowings as appropiate personnel or business, as my business loan does not count as income.

yes it does cost me, but it has made life so much simpler, need an overdraft  for a few weeks last yr, rang business  manager, before convo finisged overdraft approved, 3 months later asked to extend o/d again no problem, then didnt need it but now its in place it a saftey net.

but as all these costs are tax deductable it does reduce the out lay.

i think its a personnel choice, and if i didn't need a mortgage i would not have gone down that route, but for me it does work.

russ

Board footer