You are not logged in.

#1 16-09-09 20:33:09

Woodyloon
Verified Member

D4

Hi

How much does the doctor normally charge to complete the form D4 for HGV renewal at 45?
Also how much time after your expiry date do you get to return the foms, if any?

Thanks
John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

16-09-09 20:33:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: D4

#2 17-09-09 18:01:01

FRANKS
Verified Member

Point 1, all depends on the GP practice, mine just cost me £55.00

Point 2, not sure, but the sooner you get them in the better. Because I've had a heart attack they wrote to me two months before the expiry of the entittlement, which was plenty of time for them to do health checks and test on me that they equired. I would have thought that they would have writtern to you as well to remind you. Best think is to p[hone the DVLA and talk to them.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#3 17-09-09 20:13:19

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Thanks Franks.

Yes I did get my renewal, it's supposed to be 56 days before you're expiry date, mine was a bit late. Doctor quoted £ 85 today for a full medical. Told not to worry by the DVLA if I'm late, just means from my expiry date till it's renewed I can't drive that catergory.

Thanks Again
John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

#4 19-09-09 08:28:39

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

Medical costs do vary imensely.  I have seen as high as £140.

Regarding expiry dates, if the delay in renewing is due to the DVLA i.e. medical investigation, then subject to getting a standard letter from them, you are allowed to continue driving on your professional licence for up to one year after the expiry date.  It has happened to me before and to several other drivers who I know.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 04-03-10 05:52:46

PCV Instructor
Website

I found this website http://www.driversmedicals.com/
It might help you.

www.Gr8training.co.uk 08444 93 14 14

Board footer