You are not logged in.

#1 11-09-09 16:40:45

pat19799

Trainee Licence

Hi all,

Im training with the AA and have my p2 booked for the 9th October. My trainer feels confident that i will pass, and has offered to be my sponsor to get me on a pink licence. Can you explain how it all works?

If i decide to go on a pink licence, shall i try and work for a local school, or shall i source a vehicle and setup on my own??

Im all a bit confused and not sure what would be the best move  :?

All advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated

Regards

Pat

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

11-09-09 16:40:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Trainee Licence

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-09-09 17:04:28

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Why isn't your trainer explaining this to you - or at the very least telling you where to look to find out? What are you paying your training fees for?

You'll find everything you need to know about the trainee licence at BusinessLink - Trainee Licence

You CANNOT "set up on your own" whatever you decide. You can ONLY work for the school/instructor who sponsors you and whose name appears on your trainee licence (and unless I'm mistaken, the AA only use fully qualified instructors, so I'm not sure how an AA trainer can sponsor you  :?). 

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#3 11-09-09 18:10:58

pat19799

Hi Loopy,

My instructor did just briefly explain it to me, but i may have misunderstood things, and just wanted some clarification on it.

The link you sent was very useful too,

Many Thanks

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

#4 11-09-09 18:38:05

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

You're very welcome Pat...apologies if I came across as exasperated, it was not aimed at you - my irritation solely stems from ADI trainers who confuse/misinform/don't-bother-to-tell their trainees fundamental information   roll

You're paying these people, you're their customer so if you're confused, it's their job to unconfuse you  wink

I don't expect customers of my driving school to go away and find out how to drive by themselves and in my book it should be the same for trainee driving instructors  big_smile

I'm NOT by any means saying don't ask questions here, as this is a great place to get advice and opinions from really helpful people, I just think that there's way too many training companies out there who don't give their customers an adequate level of support and back-up.

May I wish you the very best of luck in your training - and PLEASE ask your trainer how he/she can sponsor you if the AA don't use PDI's as I'm somewhat confused by their offer of sponsorship (maybe an AA instructor/trainer can enlighten me?  :?)

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#5 12-09-09 00:07:24

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

An ADI can sponsor a PDI, the ADI does not have to be ORDIT registered or anything like that.... Maybe the AA trainer intends to put their ADI number down eg Fred Smith PRN 111111 as the sponsor to the PDI?  As the AA doesn't use PDI's it wont matter to them - it's not stopping them taking on PDI's

Just a random idea - no doubt lots of AA instructors will come on and prove me wrong and say it's against contract or something lol

What a lot of initials for one post!

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#6 13-09-09 20:34:26

hector
Verified Member
Website

Any ADI can sponser a PDI whoever they work for? Whether its the AA is irrelevant.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Board footer