You are not logged in.

#1 10-09-09 20:36:44

shelley

Part two new test centre

Hi guys, i am just looking for a bit of advice...

I have booked my part two test for 7 weeks time and it is at the new test centre in Wolverhampton which is due to be finished around that time. The new one is the other side of the city to where the old one is but i can't get a date at the old one. I am learning PAYG with a very experienced instructor who i trust but he is yet to know the test routes for the new one yet knows the old routes very well indeed. He has asked if i'd like to change the venue to a different city (Worcester), one i've never been before as we can have some lessons there and will be able to prepare better for it.

I obviously want to give myself the best chance of passing but my choice is do i stay in the city i know but whre my instructor can't best advise me on the test routes or go to a city that i don't know yet but my instructor can give me the best advice on? I'm not too sure on what to do so wouldn't mind a bit of advice.

Thanks  smile

10-09-09 20:36:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part two new test centre

#2 11-09-09 16:29:04

pat19799

Hi Shelley,

Have you tried contacting the dsa or the old test centre to see when they will have their next dates available?

Otherwise i would be inclined to go where your instructor knows the routes, so you'll have an advantage on the day itself by having driven the routes already. The last thing you want is to not have anytime to practice the new test routes when you find them out.

Hope This Helps

Pat

Part 1 - 1/9/9 - Failed
Part 1 - 3/9/9 - Passed
Part 2 - 9/10/9 - Passed
Part 3 - ?

#3 11-09-09 18:58:44

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Shelley

The old one at Ashland street is closing down.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#4 11-09-09 22:49:13

shelley

Thanks for the response guys, i will have to have a good think about what's best to do.

#5 12-09-09 11:24:00

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Shelley
No one has mentioned the obvious! Your going to be a drivng instructor and good ones can drive absolutely anywhere, stick with your instructor if your happy with him, this is far more important than following test routes  big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#6 12-09-09 12:05:19

shelley

That's a very good point and since my part two training i have learned loads and do feel like i can drive anywhere but i really want to pass first time and obviously want to give myself the best chance. I'll talk to my instructor next week and make a decision but i'm thinking with enough confidence i should be able to pass on any roads in the country! smile Thanks again  wink

Board footer