You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 07-09-09 07:48:09

Target
Verified Member
Website

Poor Business in the Recession

Ive mentioned this before, but its never surprising how some businesses are run even in a recession.

Its probably they are not suffering like this profession.

Having moved house ive called upon alot of local services.

I took a quote for fitting carpets. Took the measurements down the carpet fitters and chose my carpets. The salesman made no attempt to take my details, nor follow up my shop enquiry.

I received an inshop quote, so later took the wife and asked for an official quote. They double this from the first inshop price, not to mention it was still £450 more than the nearest offer, but to top that the inshop business apparantly had a sale on and were offering free fitting, so you could argue they were around £800 more expensive.

I contacted a local shop, who never turned up for the 1st appointment, however I liked the initial contact I made so decided to make another appointment.

The problem with this company was they promised carpets could be turned around in 48 hours, they promised there would be no delay at anytime because they could get the carpets from the suppliers immediately and they had fitters always on hand to come around.

Then when I handed over the cash, suddenly they cannot fit me in on the dates around my furniture and painting etc. So this has left a bitter taste in my mouth and im not happy, they will have to really do a good job fitting with no complaints to get me using them again, or even recommending them to many of my others customers.

Its just you would think these companys would be bending over backwards to get your work. Walk into B&Q and you cannot find a salesman, send your wife and they have no one to assist. The local builders sold me some wood filler and I never realised the stuff was for Pine, so its useless - Ive now stopped using them, as they never advised me correctly.

All I can think is they are run down with work and have so much they are happy to turn customers away.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

07-09-09 07:48:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Poor Business in the Recession

#2 07-09-09 08:44:18

driver69

I know where you`re coming from Target, I wonder myself sometime how some business survive when they won`t even return a phone call when trying to give them money. I recently went itno currys to purchase a shredder and approached a salesman who it turned out was on the mobile and as I approached he held his hand up in like a stop signal presumably so I did not interupt his conversation so I just turned around and left.

Also a local decorator did some work for us at a reasonable price and good enough work so we asked him to do another job, this time he started one day then left us for a week with the house upside down before returning to finish and no conatact in between. He won`t be getting another call.

#3 07-09-09 08:55:39

Target
Verified Member
Website

Its the little things that count sometimes.

I cannot say ive got it licked....I get snowed under with paperwork and can hardly contact everyone that calls me, but in most cases I end up following an enquiry up and they cannot be bothered to call back, but at least I tried.

Then along comes someone who just hits you like that. The electrician has been working for about 7 days on and off, also with his holiday in the middle which actually helped us. We have not been able to be at the new flat as we are working, but left him alone to fit all the lights and switches. He never once called to ask what goes where, can he do this, can he do that, everytime he plans his work and leaves of with a light in every room, and electricity in every room, even thou he has not finished the job.

There was also a problem with access to the loft area, but not for our electrician. Rather than moaning or complaining like some builders, he actaully offered solutions to the problem and when he worked he worked tidely, quickly........Nice guy, and I can get some of the money back I paid him when his daughter starts driving lessons big_smile big_smile big_smile

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#4 07-09-09 16:22:35

la.monikita
Verified Member

In my previous life (it feels like it!) I worked in an electrical shop, it was a small shop selling Tv's, Vcr's. We had a 3million turn over! I held the record sale of 13k for a plasma monitor when Pioneer just decided to bring them onto the market. I did not judge the customer by what he was wearing but by what he said and wanted. Everyone thought I was wasting my time. I always had integrity in the work that I did and did not work on commission at the time. When I went to install a TV/dvd/ home cinema package I made sure I did my job so well that the customer not only will be happy with my work but they will never have to come back to the shop and complain or not know what to do with what they bought. If they did want to know more I was always there ready to help them and took pride in my knowledge.
To this day my customers say hello when I meet them on the streets.
It's called integrity before profits, when it's applied the profits just happen naturally.

Would you be able to sell cars to your pupils? They are happy with your teaching, they trust you and your judgement, they are comfortable in your car. What is your greatest fear in this job? Actually I'm off to start another topic.

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Board footer