You are not logged in.

#1 13-04-05 06:30:26

yammie

Waiting time for pt3

Just booked my part 3 test in Brentwood (Essex), and the nice man at the DSA told me that the next appointment was 5 months away!! They still very kindly relieved me of 70 quid though, so thats sitting in their account getting 5 months interest. Must be nice to have a diary thats booked solid and pre-paid for 5 months. Still, I suppose I will be able to do the PSTs in my sleep by then.
OK, rant over.

13-04-05 06:30:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Waiting time for pt3

#2 13-04-05 08:30:17

Trentender
Verified Member
Website

I was quoted 3 months in Nottingham & I thought that was bad!!

What happens if your pink ticket runs out due to these huge waiting lists???

If its the 'Taking Part' & not 'Winning' that counts then why bother keeping score!!

#3 13-04-05 08:37:45

Nimrod

Hi Tredender,

You write to the DSA and ask for an extension. If they say no (for whatever reason) you appeal the decision and keep your Pink ticket until the appeal is heard (months).

How do you think B*M keep so many Pinkies on the road??

Nim

#4 13-04-05 15:10:35

hemlock
Verified Member
Website

hi trentender have you looked at doing pt3 somewhere else like sutton, derby, leicester or even sheffield. if your willing to travel for half an hour from notingham there's a few places to try. if you want to get it done don't limit yourself to one place
good luck when you take it.

#5 13-04-05 20:17:18

yammie

The problem with taking my test away from my local area is that I would like to use my instructors car, so it starts getting expensive because of the time it takes to travel. I dont have a prob with new areas because the SE will choose the route anyway, but at 70 notes for a test, would it really hurt the DSA to train a few extra SEs? Theres obviously a demand for them.

#6 14-04-05 08:06:56

Trentender
Verified Member
Website

Hello all,

Thanks for the advice in pinks.

Just for info Nottingham dosn't have an ADI test centre!! My closest is a little place called Sutton-In-Ashfield (30 mins on a good day). Luckily I rang the DSA yesterday & swapped for a cancellation on April 25th.

Its worth ringing the DSA every week to check cancellations....

If its the 'Taking Part' & not 'Winning' that counts then why bother keeping score!!

Board footer