You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-09-09 14:09:42

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Part 3 2nd attempt....

and i passed..Can you believe it, well to be honest i couldnt, i really thought i'd messed up phase 1.

Heres my write up, well as much as i can remember..

PST 7

Got into car, gave a good breifing, and off we go. 1st mistakes were forgetting checking mirrors wrong way round, and then he went to go at and had to stop sharply as a landrover was coming. Talked about walk across drive across, and mirrors. Next turning was a left he turned out right, to then turn back in left, so went very wide, pulled him over, spoke about the dangers. Next Right we had a designated area to pull into, but he started to pull in over the hatch markings, and again didnt look in his mirrors, sorted that out. Next couple of right turns he kept cutting the corner, i completely forgot the reference point to keep him just left of the centre line, so i just told him about keeping the white line just in line with the mirror, as he goes round, although i completely got all my words messed up and he helped me explain what i was trying to say. He hadnt approached too fast at this point, and this was where the next corner came, in to fast, so asked him to slow down. Next corner he coasted, sorted that out. By the end of the phase he still wasnt approaching by himself without my help, so i immedaitely though id failed. I looked at my watch when he ended phase 1, it was 11:05, we started the test at 10:15. So a very long phase.

Ok dont worry i was saying to myself, lets just crack on with phase 2.

Trained - test next week.
Q&A on signals and crossings, got him to demonstrate the arm signals at the side of the road. Straight away, he was putting the signals on so hard i thought he was going to break my indicator stork.He wasnt checking mirros on appraoch to the ped crossing, sorted that out. Then he started to speed up on approach to crossings, sorted that out. Now he wants to practice arm signals. so we do that, he trys to stick his arm out when a big truck was coming the other way. He stuck his arm out of the window when going around a roundabout. Silly me didnt stop him doing it. Nearly at the test centre and i realise his signals are a little to late, so i correct that.

I went back into the test centre to wait, and was convinced i had messed up phase 1. I will tell you where i went wrong on a new post as this screen is jumping and i cant see what im writing.

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

03-09-09 14:09:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 2nd attempt....

#2 03-09-09 14:18:57

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Ok, so the debrief, straight away, he asked me how i thought that went. I said i think i messed up phase 1, his reply was, you did a little, but im pleased to say you did enough to pass.

This is what i missed.
Phase 1.
He was changing gear just as we were going around the corner every time.
He missed his signals on lots of occasions, and i didnt mention it, i was goin on to much about the mirror use.
When he was going to fast, i should have told him what speed to do, ie 10-15 mph, and to brake progressively, i was just telling him to brake.
On approach to all the right turns he was postioning the car, always just over the white line, rather that to the left of it.

Phase2
This was a much better phase and i picked up on most errors, but i missed the following.
Signalling at the same time as checking the exterior mirror.
I let him arm signal on 1 roundabout, and should have stopped him on the 2 nd, but i did on the 3rd.

Passing this test is such an amazing feeling, you seriously cant describe it. I wish good luck to all those PDI's who are due to take the test soon, and me passing today, just proves that even if you think you may have messed it up, stay positive because you might not have.  big_smile big_smile

#3 03-09-09 14:19:48

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Woohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

[b]

What marks did u get??
All the best for the future!  big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 03-09-09 14:21:21

DampDog
Verified Member

I will tell you where i went wrong on a new post as this screen is jumping and i cant see what im writing.

You sure that's the screen jumping up and down and not you?... big_smile
Well done..

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#5 03-09-09 14:21:40

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Oh yeah, a 4/4 big_smile big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 03-09-09 14:22:28

Cat8t3
Verified Member

You sure that's the screen jumping up and down and not you?...

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

#7 03-09-09 14:23:47

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Fabtastic Cat....and jump all u want  tongue

#8 03-09-09 14:36:52

ceecee
Verified Member

Hi Cat,

just wanted to say well done on passing. I hope you enjoy your new career. It wil be my turn next.
Speak later

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

#9 03-09-09 14:39:14

benji

Well done cat, good luck in your new career

#10 03-09-09 16:07:08

jay666
Website

Very well done!!!  smile smile smile

#11 03-09-09 17:21:21

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

#12 03-09-09 17:35:26

mon
Verified Member
Website

well done mate all the best for the future...
mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#13 03-09-09 22:04:17

Tractor Boy

Fantastic. Well done!! Good luck for the future.

Passed part 1 April 2008
Passed part 2 May 2008
Failed part 3 March 2009
Passed part 3 May 2009

#14 04-09-09 09:49:46

mani
Verified Member

Hi Cat8t3,
CONGRATULATIONS ADI, all that hard work has paid off, now go and get that £30k.
All the best for your new career.
Mani

#15 04-09-09 21:29:10

oakeydokey

Hi Cat,
Well done!  I'm so pleased for you!  Best of luck for the future!

#16 05-09-09 15:29:03

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thanks everyone  smile

#17 07-09-09 06:49:00

Lucky245
Verified Member

Well done on your pass    big_smile

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#18 07-09-09 13:36:43

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Well done Cat, many many congratulations!!!!!  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

My turn on 5th October!

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

Board footer