You are not logged in.

#1 24-03-05 08:34:21

Django

Spark Plugs

We were changing my partners spark plugs the other day when 'SNAP'.  :oops: One of the plugs broke into pieces. Luckily I managed to get all of the bits out before they fell into the cylinder but the casing is still firmly in place. Who ever changed them last must have put them in with a pair of stilsons I reckon. :?

Anyway, has anyone got any ideas on how to remove them? smile  Is it a garage job? sad

As I say it is just the case you can see through the plug into the cylinder.

24-03-05 08:34:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Spark Plugs

#2 24-03-05 10:48:05

kev146g
Website

i had this once i used a very smal hack saw blade took ages but got it out. cut it into two

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#3 13-04-05 13:37:54

Django

Cheers Kev,

Finally got the blighter out using the method suggested. Top man I owe you a beer.

Many thanks

#4 13-04-05 17:56:04

Mmm

id be tempted to take the head off and check out the bores, even if you got the visible chunks out some of the debris is bound to have got in, this is why air filters filter out particles smaller than you can see, even a tiny bit of ceramic or whatever in there could do some nasty damage to the bore!
Apologies if youve done this already but you proably want to run a chaser down the threads in the head cos the previous plug may well have stuck because it was crossthreaded, or even if not may have damaged the threads. and you dont want to go losing compression!
just my 2 cents....

#5 13-04-05 18:03:44

Django

Yep done most of that. The reason it got stuck was that the plank who serviced it some time ago strangled it into place. I did look at the crossthread thing.

Thanks for advice

#6 13-04-05 20:01:58

kev146g
Website

i have my extra long straw waiting

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#7 13-04-05 20:05:15

Django

I go down your way quite a bit when I go sailing. Tell where your local is and I'll put one in the tap for you. lol

Board footer