You are not logged in.

#1 13-04-05 13:31:10

Drewer
Verified Member

Fiesta Back Window wiper

Hi All,
Hope someone knows the answer to this one it gets very irritating.
When the window is dry the wiper makes a terrible noise, but when its wet its ok. I fitted new wipers all around about 3 months ago, the front ones dont make any noise? If anyone knows the answer lets know, its a Fiesta 1.3 W Reg ( 2000 ).

Drewer

13-04-05 13:31:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fiesta Back Window wiper

#2 13-04-05 17:22:54

Midge
Website

I must have missed something here,  why would you  put the rear wiper on if the window is dry, doesn't that scratch the window?

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 13-04-05 17:52:14

Mmm

yeah just dont use the wiper when its dry!  :shock:
or, try turning the blade round 180 so it sweeps in the other direction first if you see what i mean, i assume the noise is from the blade rather than the motor? this is normal to a certain extent

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 13-04-05 21:39:48

adi
Verified Member
Website

If the window is dry the wiper is probably really struggling to drag the rubber across the glass. When the rubber is on a wet surface it glides easily as there is a form of lubrication.

#5 14-04-05 11:21:09

Drewer
Verified Member

Hi All,
Will try and clear the confusion up :?
I do use the wiper in the wet its when the rain isnt as hard the wiper dry's
the window to an extent that the next wipe causes the noise.
Will look to see if the wiper doues fit when spun around 180 degrees.
Thanks for the tip.

Drewer

#6 14-04-05 21:29:02

Jellybean
Verified Member

I have the same problem with my front drivers wiper.  It goes up making an awful racket and comes down smoothly.  I can rarely put them on full time it has to be on intermitent.

#7 14-04-05 21:47:21

Graham

If the wipers aren't used for long periods (ie. a few days or even weeks of dry weather) the blades tend to 'remember' the way they are parked. By that I mean they are bent over in one direction, when the motor parks.

Try lifting them up and leaving them overnight bent the other way. I'm talking blades here, not the arms!

If you do that most days, they will not make that 'orrible noise when used.

Try it.

If it works, you owe me a pint. lol

#8 14-04-05 22:01:59

Jellybean
Verified Member

If it works I'll buy you 2.  Sometimes it makes me jump with the noise.  Not ideal when one is driving on wet road.  Thanks.

#9 15-04-05 21:32:08

Drewer
Verified Member

I would go out and try that right now if it wasn't bucketing it down lol
I will give it a go thought
Drewer

#10 20-04-05 19:52:13

Jellybean
Verified Member

It most definitely does work.  Have had to do it a couple of times but the squeek has gone.   Great, I think I owe you a couple of pints now.  lol

Board footer